glad to join sitting out smoking a ham new to me

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by fullback3233, Jul 9, 2011.

1. glad to be alive and living in Tn. smoking a ham for the first time wish everyone well and they could enjoy it with me tomorrow

2. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

What time is supper?  I might be able to make it...

Welcome to the SMF!!!

3. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to  your first qview. [​IMG]

4. just follow that good smell and we'll keep a light and sandwitch on for you

5. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

Welcome. I love smoking hams. I've been averaging one a week and they make the best sammiches.

6. just tasted alittle outer bark so good about fell over!  

7. hello teeznuts what temp should I get it to?

8. teeznuts

They're done at 160. I occasionally pull at 157ish and let it climb to 160 after its wrapped in foil.

9. thanks for the info I'm at 144 now been basting with it's juice seems to be doing good

10. teeznuts

11. your ham looks great hope I do half as good. 150 temp now can't wait

12. teeznuts

those last 10 degrees are the worst. I get so impatient waiting for that delicious ham. Are you goint to take pictures to show everybody here? I actually have a ham sitting in the fridge that I injected with maple syrup that goes on in the morning. can't wait!

13. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]

14. at 156temp wont be long now been taking pictures so I can put them up. Maple injection, wow that sounds great bet you can't wait

15. teeznuts

Can't wait! never injected a ham before so hopefully it goes well. I'll have Q-view up tomorrow after I smoke it.

16. can't wait to view it. My temp is 162 fixxing to wrap it and let it rest think I'll do the same it's 3:30 here in Tn. thanks a bunch for talking with me this evening

17. teeznuts

Awesome. Hope your ham turns out well. Can't wait to see the Q-view. How long did it take you? My ham last Sunday took about 11 hours. The previous Sunday's ham took 7 1/2. Both were just over 10 lbs. Never know.

18. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

19. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]to SMF

Every day above ground.......................................... is a good day [​IMG]