Glad to be here!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by mitchinpa, Jul 20, 2011.

1. mitchinpa

mitchinpa Newbie

Hi all!

Just recently bought my first smoker, the chargriller duo with the sfb. Got it all seasoned up last weekend, did some steaks and corn on the cob on Sunday. Looking to try my first smoke (bb ribs) this weekend! I'm still learning the grill, so I doubt I'll mod it up right away. I will however flip the charcoal pan over to use as a baffle. Looking forward to reading up on all the techniques and receipes on this site!

2. [​IMG] I have the same smoker/grill. With a few mods it is a pretty good smoker. Without the mods. Not so much. Search char griller mods. You'll find tons of ideas. You may want to search baby backs too for some insight into doing them  properly. They can be tricky.

3. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]  

4. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

[​IMG]

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]     Glad to have you with us!

6. slownlow

slownlow Smoking Fanatic

welcome  [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  7. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard!

Good luck and good smoking.

8. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to  your first qview. [​IMG]

9. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Mitch,practice first. Get the Mods. done and practice[​IMG]  Soon after you read this 5-day course,you'll be looking to broaden your abilities.Just sayin'[​IMG]  to the forum  and, 

10. mitchinpa

mitchinpa Newbie

Thanks for the great welcome!  Looking forward to the day 3 e-course newsletter today!   I've been a readin fool lately on here, and have found a TON of things I didnt know already!  I'll et y'all know how the ribs go this weekend!