Giving this a try.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
First try with ABTs. I'm keeping it simple.
Straight forward with 1/2 cream cheese. And 1/2 shredded sharp cheddar with some pepper for the filling.
P7132661.jpg

Jalapenos cut in half with seeds removed.

P7132664.jpg

Added filling.

P7132665.jpg

Wrapped with bacon. And some rub added.

P7132667.jpg

Tonight I'll be doing these on the grill. Just not in the mood to get the smoker set up today. Also have a few thick cut Delmonico's for the grill.

Got the Delmonico steaks warming up. Just going to rub them down with salt and pepper. Potatoes seasoned and in the oven.

P7132669.jpg

Reactions: meatallica
Delmonico, that's Yankee speak for Thick-cut Ribeye. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Named after the renowned New York City 'Delmonico's' restaurant that had a popular steak and potato dish.

G'gosh Steve, those steaks look fantastic. :emoji_heart_eyes:

Thanks. It does drive me crazy when I see meat that is labeled as a Delmonico. And it is like a 1/4" thick.

Now That's what We, here at the Bear Den Call a "Perfect Plate" !!!
And My favorite Taters Too!!
Nice Job Steve!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: Steve H
Excellent meal Steve, you did that steak proud. Sometime you should try making the ABTs by removing the top and filling it top to bottom instead of splitting them in-halve. When you take that last bite you'll get a shot of liquid fire juice.

Point for sure
Chris

Excellent meal Steve, you did that steak proud. Sometime you should try making the ABTs by removing the top and filling it top to bottom instead of splitting them in-halve. When you take that last bite you'll get a shot of liquid fire juice.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks! I wanted to do it that way. But I couldn't find any Jalapenos large enough to do this. That will be my next venture.

Looks good Steve H that's my plans for today just picked my first banana peppers of the year and plan on ABT's.

Warren

I'll bet this will work great with banana peppers. I love pickled banana peppers. But I have yet to find some for sale around here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky