getting all the meat out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dannylang

Master of the Pit
Original poster
i have a new stuffer, how do you get all the sausage out of the tank, when your piston is all the way down, the rest that in the chamber and tube, i have heard of people using bread to clear it all the way threw the funnel, wondering if anyone has tried this, or have a better way.

dannylang

Depends on the stuffer. My ancient old Enterprise cast iron beast requires about half a loaf!

My LEMon only leaves meat in the tube so several pieces would work. I actually don't use bread in the LEM. I just unscrew the stuffing tube and push the meat through with a wood dowel that fits inside the tube.

I use bread in the Grinder but a wooden spoon handle in the stuffer tube. That meat  gets fried as a snack while the rest of the stuffer soaks in hot soapy water...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky