Gathering smoke house ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pappapig

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Anderson South Carolina
Hello everyone. just wondering if anyone has used cowgirl country lifes smoke house design and whether it works well our not. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

PP, evening and welcome to the forum.... Glad you stopped in and joined us....     As far a smoke house designs go, there are several here and most are in the forum... http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/197/smoker-builds....  Cowgirl is an expert when it comes to smoking food... She is active in this forum also....   Check out designs and check back with any questions you may have....  There are also many recipes to choose from here.... Sit back, relax and enjoy the long smokey ride....  Dave...

Thanks for the response Dave. I've been checking the builds but she's the only one with a design that I really like. I'm not to keen on the plywood builds. They may work well, and they're fine if that's what you want. I just prefer the look of hers. After all it took me a while to convince the wife to let me build since we live in a subdivision. But glad to know she's an expert and sounds like I can't go wrong following her.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Refresh, I think I may have changed my mind. Seems to me the external box might be to hard to control. I also think the amnps for cold smoking should be perfect and add a heating element in case I should ever decide I want to hot smoke. Still keeping the same design though. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Brandon, evening....  One thing to consider when heating with electric.... Thermal Mass..... It will take forever...   I'm not sure which design you are considering ??  You have listed so many ways you are thinking of going.... Help me out here...   Dave

Hello pappa I am in the process now of building a smoke house
Like cowgirls. However I'm not going with the fire box she did I'm putting propane burner
In it to bring temps to 170 for doing sausage. I'll post progress pics

Sorry for the confusion Dave, only want to build this once. If I do add heat it would be propane.

Can't figure out edit in my app. The structure will be permanent. Block base, wooden upper structure.

That's very similar to what I'm thinking, thanks for the pics. How well can you hold temps in that house?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky