• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Garage fried rice!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Seems like every time I pull out the Discada, the thunderstorms start. Today was no exception. Wind, fat rain drops thunder. Yeah it was all here.

So I set up under the overhang of my garage. Seems to be the best spot when the crap hits the fan.

Standard fried rice affair. I smoked a char sui hunk of loin the other day in preparation for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Case That looks good,it is almost always raining here lately

Richie

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
It looks delicious Case!

I'm sending you a point, please send me some of that rain!

Al

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Case That looks good,it is almost always raining here lately

Richie
Thank you Richie!

Yeah its that time of year when the  thunderstorms start rolling through for us. Sometimes they are dry and sometimes they rain drops are the size of five gallon buckets!

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 16, 2016
Great looking FR Case! I gotta get me one of those discs one of these days... I just cant seem to pull away from my loyalty to cast iron.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Great looking FR Case! I gotta get me one of those discs one of these days... I just cant seem to pull away from my loyalty to cast iron.
Thank you!

The discada is like cast iron on steroids! With that said the old DO has its place and I never camp with out it.

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2013
Wow!  That looks great!!  I love making fried rice on my blackstone!  Points!

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Looks like some pretty good stuff!  Did I miss the char sui smoke?  Looks like some killer color on it!

For the rice, did you make a sticky rice recipe or just the usual water style cook for it?

I have 4 discs and should probably make one into a cooker at some point for the house.  I always forget to bring one home from the farm.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Looks like some pretty good stuff!  Did I miss the char sui smoke?  Looks like some killer color on it!

For the rice, did you make a sticky rice recipe or just the usual water style cook for it?

I have 4 discs and should probably make one into a cooker at some point for the house.  I always forget to bring one home from the farm.
I didn't post a cook on the char sui. I used NOH Char Sui mix and marinated the loin for 3 days. Cooked on the 14.5" WSM with Cowboy Crap lump and cherry.

Normal brown rice, which isn't my favorite.

Yes you should! They work great for cooking all kinds of things!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.