Garage fried rice!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Seems like every time I pull out the Discada, the thunderstorms start. Today was no exception. Wind, fat rain drops thunder. Yeah it was all here.

So I set up under the overhang of my garage. Seems to be the best spot when the crap hits the fan.

Standard fried rice affair. I smoked a char sui hunk of loin the other day in preparation for this.

be0f2b211023c5a732efd8bd0b5a4c1a.jpg

0cb047ee48d8cf0acd773165d464640c.jpg

db8eeb34c3a4bd3177b21bd2c6728c50.jpg

7e088112f9e832df2a3cb9e780f5576a.jpg

a2eb1c7718f164fd59ea6aa034b2431d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Case That looks good,it is almost always raining here lately

Richie
Thank you Richie!

Yeah its that time of year when the  thunderstorms start rolling through for us. Sometimes they are dry and sometimes they rain drops are the size of five gallon buckets!

Great looking FR Case! I gotta get me one of those discs one of these days... I just cant seem to pull away from my loyalty to cast iron.

Great looking FR Case! I gotta get me one of those discs one of these days... I just cant seem to pull away from my loyalty to cast iron.
Thank you!

The discada is like cast iron on steroids! With that said the old DO has its place and I never camp with out it.

Looks like some pretty good stuff!  Did I miss the char sui smoke?  Looks like some killer color on it!

For the rice, did you make a sticky rice recipe or just the usual water style cook for it?

I have 4 discs and should probably make one into a cooker at some point for the house.  I always forget to bring one home from the farm.

Looks like some pretty good stuff!  Did I miss the char sui smoke?  Looks like some killer color on it!

For the rice, did you make a sticky rice recipe or just the usual water style cook for it?

I have 4 discs and should probably make one into a cooker at some point for the house.  I always forget to bring one home from the farm.
I didn't post a cook on the char sui. I used NOH Char Sui mix and marinated the loin for 3 days. Cooked on the 14.5" WSM with Cowboy Crap lump and cherry.

Normal brown rice, which isn't my favorite.

Yes you should! They work great for cooking all kinds of things!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky