Game Camera

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
The past few egg gathering days I have noticed that some of the green eggs have been disappearing, have them in the morning but only one or two when I collect around 5-6p. Leading me to think maybe a snake is eating them? No 4 leg critter as the coop is wired all around and behind chain link fence. I have no chickens dead or missing.

So I bought a game cam to install. I was going to go with wifi outdoor cam but we have this stupid google wifi and its mesh junk.

IMG_3464.JPG

Had a work buddy bit by a copper head while gathering eggs, treatment is ugly for snake bites , I would put some big sticky pads where the chickens cant get to them,

When I was younger at home and had no sense to me, I was out in the front of my folks house catching rattlers, southern pacific, Mojave green, western diamondback and sidewinder...

I got just a small prick on the palm of my hand from a southern pacific, spent the night in the hospital with my hand swollen up and anti venom being pumped in me.

Now I'm old and have a bit more sense...lol

I have a Black snake that lives in the landscape around the house . I see him every now and then , but he doesn't bother me so I don't bother him . I also don't see any mice , and he took care of the mole that was in the yard .

Yesterday the neighbor gave me some sod he had leftover . I loaded it in a wheel barrel and went in the house . Came back out to put it down and my buddy had got up in the mix of sod .
I grabbed a section , ( and the snake ) . Damn thing went up my arm and over my shoulder . I may or may not have screamed out loud .

I have a Black snake that lives in the landscape around the house . I see him every now and then , but he doesn't bother me so I don't bother him . I also don't see any mice , and he took care of the mole that was in the yard .

Yesterday the neighbor gave me some sod he had leftover . I loaded it in a wheel barrel and went in the house . Came back out to put it down and my buddy had got up in the mix of sod .
I grabbed a section , ( and the snake ) . Damn thing went up my arm and over my shoulder . I may or may not have screamed out loud .
So that was the scream I heard...lol

I guess if it was a Black Mamba, you wouldn't have made your last post. :emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky