G

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigheaded

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 14, 2021
Philippines
I got this the other day and 2 things I can't figure out, 1 on iOS should the Inkbird Pro app work? From what I've read the BBQ Go is the old app and the Inkbird Pro app's newer. But the IBP app doesn't detect my unit. Is it for the wifi model only? If it should work, is there any reason to use the IBP app? I'm not finding a comparison between the 2. And as far as reviews on the app store go, both have pretty poor reviews. 2nd question, is the one shorter straight probe better suited for taking the ambient temp of the smoker? I did the ice water to test the accuracy and that probe updated less frequently and took a lot longer to display 32f than the other 3. I don't know if this is normal and I should just use it mostly to check the smoker's temp, or there's something going on with it.

I got this the other day and 2 things I can't figure out, 1 on iOS should the Inkbird Pro app work? From what I've read the BBQ Go is the old app and the Inkbird Pro app's newer. But the IBP app doesn't detect my unit. Is it for the wifi model only? If it should work, is there any reason to use the IBP app? I'm not finding a comparison between the 2. And as far as reviews on the app store go, both have pretty poor reviews. 2nd question, is the one shorter straight probe better suited for taking the ambient temp of the smoker? I did the ice water to test the accuracy and that probe updated less frequently and took a lot longer to display 32f than the other 3. I don't know if this is normal and I should just use it mostly to check the smoker's temp, or there's something going on with it.
I use Android and the inkbird pro app only works on my newer wifi model. I still use the bbq go app for my older non wifi inkbird. I love both of mine and use them just about everyday.

The BBQ Go app is the only one I knew about. My main issues with Inkbird are that I have to turn on my phone if I want to check the temps and the alarm is just too loud. I don't want to lower the volume on my phone every time I cook. I use the straight probe for the ambient.
Frankly I'm about ready to go back to Mavericks...

I use the Inkbird Pro app on an Android phone. It works great, but I did have a bunch of problems getting it to detect my unit. It was a counter intuitive process that took a while. Once I got it connected, though, the app works well

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky