FYI - Sam's Club - Eye of Round - Cryopack saves $$$

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
Went to Sam's Club yesterday to get some jerky meat. Everything was full price or more. Even pork loin was a crazy high $2.67 per pound.

I talked with the butcher and they told me about "cryopacks." That is the way Sam's Club normally receives the meat. They sell many of the meats that way (ribs, pork loin, etc)...but not eye of round unless you ask. It saved $1.67 per pound and was only $3.28 per pound instead of $4.97 per pound! Of course I have to do a little trimming...but 4 minutes of trimming is worth it.

IMG_44 33.jpg

I buy meat a lot at GFS in cryopacks. The other nice thing there is often the meat is good in the pack for weeks after purchase.

few months ago I bought pork butt by the case you get 8 and it was $1.12 a # and a case of these is two pcs at $1.87 20190323_192626.jpg its one side of pig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky