Full Packer w/ Q-View!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now that looks EXCELLENT!  Great job!

icon14.gif

Where? Every place I see tri-tip it's minimum $4.99/lb AND that's on sale.

Our local restaurant supply (Pacific Northwest chain) Cash & Carry has the bulk packs of tri tip. Choice is $3.85 this year. 6-8 per pack. Angus with 2 per pack is $4 something a pound. I've cooked both side by side and there was no difference in texture or flavor, so I stick with the choice.

Quote:

ROFLMAO!!! Poor guy, with 5 teenage boys you should be happy if the table and chairs don't get eaten.......
I know right! Could not believe that my 13 lbs brisket a few weeks was gone in a matter of 30 minutes...my wife was soo disappointed that she was not going to have anything left to put into a recipe for another meal.

Maybe I should have filled them up with hot dogs first! LOL

Well done!!!

I wish I had leftovers after I smoke my briskets...but with 5 teenage boys at home...this will never happen :(

Good luck.

I remember my childhood when my mom couldn't keep my brother and I full. Two roasted chickens and potatoes for dinner and we were still waiting for her and my dad to finish so we can grab what was left on the serving plate.

I live on the Easy Street with women only in the house. And they don't even like beef much. Except for brisket.

Of course you win when it comes to shoveling snow or bad breaking yard work.

Nice job hitting a home run on your first at-bat! I've done about 5 briskets over the years with mixed results. I smoked a brisket this weekend but overcooked it a bit. I think I'll start using the toothpick method because cooking it to 200 everytime is giving me inconsistent results. Nice job and hope you have continued success.!

$50 bucks sounds like a steal. Haven't seen a full packer in my neck of the woods for under $60 in at least 3 years! I can buy 8 tri tips for that!!!

It's really a shame how the pprice of beef is now over inflated. my local Walmart is pushing flats for the prie of what i was paying for packers last year. oh well.

OP, great job and congrats

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky