Frozen Ground Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teresamg

Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
A friend gave me some frozen pork a couple of months ago, in the original packaging. It has an expiration date of February 16, 2014. I wonder if it's still safe to defrost in the microwave and use in a recipe?????

Hi. Sorry. I didn't know about the first post....My name is Teresa,and Ilive in Reno. I'm new to the forum, and I have to be honest-I don't know much about meat, period, although I am anxious to learn to grill it, and smoke it. Any tips I could get would be so welcome!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!
439.gif

A friend gave me some frozen pork a couple of months ago, in the original packaging. It has an expiration date of February 16, 2014. I wonder if it's still safe to defrost in the microwave and use in a recipe?????

As long as it was frozen before the expiration date, I personally do that all the time.... If my wife gets some deals on chickens for example, we will use one and freeze the rest.....Just make sure it was frozen before expiration date & you don't wanna defrost it and freeze any of it again... Also I would defrost in some cold water and not the microwave.... Just my 2 cents, hope it helps....

Your ok, just hop over to roll call when ya get a chance so all can give ya a SMF welcome.... Some real great folks on here that have extensive knowledge about everything ya can think of... Welcome aboard.....

Justin

Also, just jump in and ask all the questions ya would like.... Let us know what smoker ya have and whatever we can help ya with.... We all like to help each other out here, learn and have fun....

Justin

Yup, freeze before the bad date and your good to use as usual when defrosted.

Hi. Sorry. I didn't know about the first post....My name is Teresa,and Ilive in Reno. I'm new to the forum, and I have to be honest-I don't know much about meat, period, although I am anxious to learn to grill it, and smoke it. Any tips I could get would be so welcome!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!
439.gif
welcome to SMF Teresa and were glad to have you aboard. Like others have said swing over to roll call

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/133/roll-call 

Read what Jeff has to say and then click on start thread and introduce yourself so we can give you a proper welcome. After, on the home page click on forums and there will be a list of forums to choose from to go in and start a thread and ask any questions that you have.....

Good luck and happy smoking

Boykjo

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky