Fried Shrimp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Went to Sam's yesterday hunting for spare ribs and wound up trapping a few bags of large shrimp, $14.33 for a 3lb. bag! I did manage to score a couple of racks of beautiful spare ribs , $1.77lb, maybe get one on the SQ36 this weekend. By the time we got home the sky was dark and it started raining hard, I threw some of those shrimp in the sink to thaw. I couldn't make up my mind whether I felt like cocktail sauce or tartar, so I whipped up a little bowl of each. After peeling and drying the shrimp I dipped them in a egg wash, bread crumb mixture, and fried them up in olive oil and butter, had some spinach and tater salad on the side. Boy howdy, after I finished dinner I was tempted to fry up some more for dessert, we were happy! Supposed to rain more today, might just do it all over again. Thanks for lookin', RAY
DSCN1111.JPG

Nice looking meal Ray! I love shrimp prepared anyway...except those precooked shrimp rings at the store.

It’s nice to have a good meal come together so quickly.

Lookin real good! I too frequently can't decide between Cocktail and Tartar. I even mix them for a quick Remoulade Sauce, when I want the best of both...JJ

I was probably around 25 years old before I learned you could have shrimp any way other than fried. That's what happens when you grow up in the landlocked Midwest.

Hey guys, thanks for the comments and likes, they are appreciated. Like you all, we love shrimp just about every way they can come around. I still have a couple of two pound bags in the freezer of the 8-12's that made the trip to AZ that'll go as hors d'oerves (sp) during the holiday party time. The big shrimp (oxymoron) seem to be a bit harder to find out here but I'm still in the process of learning my way around. We like them peeled and boiled, dipped in cocktail or tartar sauce, or like Chef Jimmy, both. They go great in omelets, pasta dishes, salads, and they're even good for us! There's a ton of recipes for sauces to dip in, find one you like and you'll be saving $$$ on top of having better tasting stuff than comes in a jar at the local market. Thanks again! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky