FRIED GREEN TOMATO AND BACON PULLED PORK SLIDERS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I ordered a new rub a couple weeks ago so I had to give it a try. Didn't have much going on yesterday so I figured I would put a pork but on the drum .

Here is the rub.
0713201952.jpg

All rubbed down and onto the smoker. I had the drum running between 250°-275° . spritz with Apple juice from time to time.

This is about the 4 hr mark
0719201449.jpg

While that was doing its thing I decided some bacon might be good to put on the sandwiches. So I got a few. Half slices out of the fridge and cooked them on the grill in the cast iron.
0719201744a.jpg
0719201804.jpg

So then I had all this wonderful bacon greese and I figured I would use it to fry something....we have a few green tomatoes so that's what I decided on. Flour then eggwash then bread crumbs and corn meal.
0719201802.jpg

I did add some extra cooking oil to the bacon greese.
Into the pan they go!
0719201827.jpg

Give them a flip.
0719201828.jpg

Man theese look good!
0719201834.jpg

Pork out if the smoker and ready to pull!
0719201915.jpg

All pulled and some of the liquid mixed back in.
0719202040.jpg

The wannarub website had a recipe for "wannarub" sauce so I made up a batch of that too. (Sorry no pics of that)

And here are the sliders....pulled pork, fried green tomato, bacon and the wannarub sauce! Along with some smoked mac-ncheese.
0719202153.jpg

Man these things were really good! The wannarub is a winner in my book. It's a sweet and savory rub with just a hint of kick to it. The sauce was good too. Putting the green tomato and the bacon on made it a whole new experience for a pulled pork sandwich! Theese little sliders were fun to make and sure were tasty!

After dinner and the kids in bed I enjoyed a few beers and a nice veiw of the sun set off the back patio.
0719202134a.jpg

0719202134.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

Awesome looking meal Travis. Fried green tomatoes are one of my favorite foods. Gonna have to make some this week lol. Nice work bud. And beautiful sunset

Travis that looks outstanding buddy. Great looking meal and a beautiful sunset. I never get tired of those. e get to sit and watch them in the Texas Hill Country with an unobstructed view. Kinda hard to beat some nights to help relax after a nice meal.

Robert

Oh lordy. That looks great. Never thought about putting fried green maters on a slider before. Hell, they rarely make it to the plate. Though, I've had them on BLT's before. The sunset is beautiful. Big, big like!

Awesome looking meal Travis. Fried green tomatoes are one of my favorite foods. Gonna have to make some this week lol. Nice work bud. And beautiful sunset
Thanks Jake! The green tomatoes are something I can eat too much of! Love them!
Nice looking sammie there guy.

Warren
Thanks Warren!
Travis that looks outstanding buddy. Great looking meal and a beautiful sunset. I never get tired of those. e get to sit and watch them in the Texas Hill Country with an unobstructed view. Kinda hard to beat some nights to help relax after a nice meal.

Robert
Thanks Robert! Yep , you cant beat a good sunset! We have had a few real nice ones lately.

Oh lordy. That looks great. Never thought about putting fried green maters on a slider before. Hell, they rarely make it to the plate. Though, I've had them on BLT's before. The sunset is beautiful. Big, big like!
Thanks Steve ! Yea the first 4 tomatoes that came off never made it into the house! I had to do a taste test to make sure they were ok! Lol!
That looks delicious Travis, and a great way to wrap up the evening, Like! RAY
Thanks RAY! I sure enjoyed it!

Reactions: Steve H
Everything sure looks good Travis! My wife mentioned fried green tomatoes the other day and now I see this. Something must be telling me to make them.

Beautiful sunset too!

Everything sure looks good Travis! My wife mentioned fried green tomatoes the other day and now I see this. Something must be telling me to make them.

Beautiful sunset too!
Thanks xray! I'll probably make some more too. They are too good not too! Lol!

Good looking meal Travis! And beautiful pics! Can honestly say I've never had fried green tomatoes, gonna have to give it a try. Never used to even like them but now half the cherry tomatoes don't make it out of the garden.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky