FRIED GREEN TOMATO AND BACON PULLED PORK SLIDERS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good looking meal Travis! And beautiful pics! Can honestly say I've never had fried green tomatoes, gonna have to give it a try. Never used to even like them but now half the cherry tomatoes don't make it out of the garden.

Ryan
Ryan, fried green tomatoes are a must try if you've never had them. I used to never like tomato until we started growing our own. This year we only have a couple things going in pots because of some changes in our work schedules. Should be back to normal for next years garden. Usually we plant between 35-40 tomato plants. Mostly for caning. And I know what you mean about the cherry tomatoes! Right off the plant and warm from the sun! Like eating candy!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
that's a great looking meal and sunset Travis, what a way to end your day, I can't wait for green fried tomato's, ours just ain't big enough just yet, probably a few more weeks,

that's a great looking meal and sunset Travis, what a way to end your day, I can't wait for green fried tomato's, ours just ain't big enough just yet, probably a few more weeks,
Thanks Jim! Yes they are one of those seasonal things...always exciting when you get to make your first batch for the year!

Nice work bud ! Sandwich looks fantastic . Never had a fried green mater .

Looks awesome man! Love the originality of the fried green tomatoes on the sandwich. Overall delicious looking results.

Damn it man... that looks and sounds DELICIOUS...

We are big fried green mater fans as well... do them often... I do ours a lil different... Slice em up.. lay em out on paper towels and then salt them.. let em sit for 30 minutes or so to let the salt do it's thing (takes moisture out)... I then dredge in buttermilk and then into seasoned flour (garlic powder, black pepper, and been experimenting with Italian seasoning or some sage) and a couple TBS of corn starch ... then fry in canola oil ... YUMMMM YUMMMMMMMM ....

I've done a few post about them somewhere ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Damn it man... that looks and sounds DELICIOUS...

We are big fried green mater fans as well... do them often... I do ours a lil different... Slice em up.. lay em out on paper towels and then salt them.. let em sit for 30 minutes or so to let the salt do it's thing (takes moisture out)... I then dredge in buttermilk and then into seasoned flour (garlic powder, black pepper, and been experimenting with Italian seasoning or some sage) ... then fry in canola oil ... YUMMMM YUMMMMMMMM ....

I've done a few post about them somewhere ...
Yes....! That sounds good! I have done so many different ways I cant count! When we do fish in a beer batter I do them that way. But the breadcrumb and cornmeal mix has been our favorite!

I went and found my old thread that I posted of the fried green maters... but I guess the pictures didn't make the cut when we went to the new format ..

I went and found my old thread that I posted of the fried green maters... but I guess the pictures didn't make the cut when we went to the new format ..
Thats too bad! I would have liked to check it out. Whats your process when you make yours?

Looks like a great meal Travis. I love fried green tomatoes and anything. But since my 'maters are just now flowering, gonna be a while yet.
That's one beautiful sunset!
Gary
Thanks Gary ! If they are flowering it won't be long now!

I may have had fried green tomatoes once many years ago. Is it just unriped tomatoes or a certain breed that is always green?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky