Fried Fish...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...is something that I haven't had any in awhile and one of our granddaughters wanted to go fishing so why not. We kept enough to feed the usual crowd and I filleted them. Dry breaded in Adluh Carolina Breader and deep fried. Not the healthiest way to cook fish, but my favorite. Served with fresh corn, French fries, an oriental coleslaw my wife likes, and a homemade tartar sauce. Not a lot of pictures, but here's a couple...

The spread...
20220615_173422[1].jpg

My plate...
20220615_174629[1].jpg

Like you said, not real healthy but sure looks great! I love fish that way as well!

Ryan

That looks fantastic . I would have to keep the tarter sauce on the side , and I like that slaw too .
Nothing wrong with deep frying if done right .

Like you said, not real healthy but sure looks great! I love fish that way as well!

Ryan
Thanks, Ryan...
That looks fantastic . I would have to keep the tarter sauce on the side , and I like that slaw too .
Nothing wrong with deep frying if done right .
Thanks, Rich. I usually like my tartar sauce, actually all condiments, on the side too, but I made this a little too thin so I just put a spoonful on the fish. I like to use my fingers and dip...

Reactions: chopsaw
That looks delicious!
We used to go to an all you can eat catfish restaurant at least once a week. Love fried fish, but can’t eat it too often now!
Al

Looks Great, Charles!!
I love Fish, and should eat a lot more of it!!
I like it anyway it's made, but My Ninja Air Fried is my Favorite!
Like.

Bear

Oh my Heavens Charles, you have found my weak spot sir. This is EXACTLY what I had envisioned when we were discussing the possibility of me dropping in for a visit. Well done my friend!!

Robert

That looks delicious!
We used to go to an all you can eat catfish restaurant at least once a week. Love fried fish, but can’t eat it too often now!
Al
Al, I grew up fishing and eating fried fish, it was my dad's favorite. I don't do it very often anymore because I have to listen to my wife, a retired critical care heart nurse. Thank you for your compliments...
Now that looks mighty tasty!
Thank you, Steve. Come on get you some next time...
Just how I like my fish also, looks fantastic!
Thanks. It's so easy and quick to make...
Yours looks fantastic. Try to do fish at least once a week. Haven't had deep fried in yrs
Appreciate it! Fried fish is something I do occasionally for the masses that gather around our house and to treat myself...
That dish looks fantastic, Charles! Deep fried fish is my way to cook fish - when I have opportunity to cheat on my diet! :emoji_wink:
Thank you! I don't do it very often, but I had a craving and my granddaughter wanted to go fishing. My wife would much rather have it baked...
Yup
Sure do look good, i would eats bunches.
I'll fix you a big plate next time, you'd certainly be welcome here...
Looks Great, Charles!!
I love Fish, and should eat a lot more of it!!
I like it anyway it's made, but My Ninja Air Fried is my Favorite!
Like.

Bear
Thanks, John. My wife loves her air fryer, too...
Oh my Heavens Charles, you have found my weak spot sir. This is EXACTLY what I had envisioned when we were discussing the possibility of me dropping in for a visit. Well done my friend!!

Robert
Robert, it's going to happen. Thank you...
It all sounded perfect until I seen the ketchup on the fries... NO THANKS ... But now the fish... sign me up ...
Thanks, Keith. Love my fries crispy with ketchup, when I cook them, but usually it's on the side...

Oh man that looks so good! I love fried fish, but can’t remember the last time I had it? Great job, looks incredible!

Looks really good, we used to fry fish about once every couple of months, but haven't done it a while. May have to give it a go again. Add a little vinegar spritz to the fries and I'd be in heaven.

Point for sure
Chris

man yeah!.....True, not the healthiest. But, sometimes you just gotta have some fried fish. I'd tear that plate up.
Jim

Oh man that looks so good! I love fried fish, but can’t remember the last time I had it? Great job, looks incredible!
Thank you, Jed. I don't cook it as often anymore, but every now and then I get that craving...
Looks really good, we used to fry fish about once every couple of months, but haven't done it a while. May have to give it a go again. Add a little vinegar spritz to the fries and I'd be in heaven.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks, Chris. We love malt vinegar on fries, too.
man yeah!.....True, not the healthiest. But, sometimes you just gotta have some fried fish. I'd tear that plate up.
Jim
I'll let you know and have a plate for you next time, Jim. Come on by...

Oh my, fried fish and fresh corn on the cob…it just doesn’t get much better than that for me! Maybe a little malt vinegar and some Old Bay and that would be my request if it were my “last meal.”

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky