• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Friday Ribs

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Jim_C

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined
Feb 26, 2024
Messages
686
Reaction score
717
Location
SF Bay Area
We went to the Corralitos Market (https://corralitosmarketsausagecompany.com/) on Thursday for 5 pounds of apple wood smoked bacon. (Google picture)

1791039410219.png


This is a dangerous place. (Google picture)

1791039620199.png


The picture of the pork section is older, since the price on the ribs is $6.49 now, but they still shape the ground pork into a pig's head. (Google picture)

1791039494760.png


The St. Louis style ribs were speaking to me. Pricey, but they were well trimmed up nicely.

Tag.jpeg


Rubbed the ribs up with Kinder's 'The Blend'. I'm not a huge fan of this blend, but I wanted to use it up. I'll likely move on to something else, or go back to straight salt and pepper.

Kinders.jpeg


Rubbed.jpeg


Fired up the Smoke Vault and filled the wood tray.

Wood Tray.jpeg


Into the smoker.

In the Smoker.jpeg


The temperature settled in at around 230 - 235

Temperature.jpeg


I found a potato salad recipe in a cookbook called "One Potato, Two Potato". The recipe was called Mom's Potato Salad. Four ingredients; Potato, Mayo, Onion powder, and Pepper. The guy injected a bit of humor; "notice I didn't say freshly ground black pepper. It wouldn't be mom's". I guess he meant the McCormick's canned black pepper.

I was feeling lazy, so I made it...........A bit too much of a mayo taste, so I cut it with some milk and add a couple of scallions.

Potatoe Salad.jpeg


Ready for service.

Service.jpeg


Plated with the potato salad.

Plated.jpeg


Easy Friday evening meal. Thanks for tagging along.
 

Attachments

  • 1791039381885.png
    1791039381885.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
We went to the Corralitos Market (https://corralitosmarketsausagecompany.com/) on Thursday for 5 pounds of apple wood smoked bacon. (Google picture)

View attachment 741549

This is a dangerous place. (Google picture)

View attachment 741551

The picture of the pork section is older, since the price on the ribs is $6.49 now, but they still shape the ground pork into a pig's head. (Google picture)

View attachment 741550

The St. Louis style ribs were speaking to me. Pricey, but they were well trimmed up nicely.

View attachment 741539

Rubbed the ribs up with Kinder's 'The Blend'. I'm not a huge fan of this blend, but I wanted to use it up. I'll likely move on to something else, or go back to straight salt and pepper.

View attachment 741540

View attachment 741541

Fired up the Smoke Vault and filled the wood tray.

View attachment 741542

Into the smoker.

View attachment 741543

The temperature settled in at around 230 - 235

View attachment 741544

I found a potato salad recipe in a cookbook called "One Potato, Two Potato". The recipe was called Mom's Potato Salad. Four ingredients; Potato, Mayo, Onion powder, and Pepper. The guy injected a bit of humor; "notice I didn't say freshly ground black pepper. It wouldn't be mom's". I guess he meant the McCormick's canned black pepper.

I was feeling lazy, so I made it...........A bit too much of a mayo taste, so I cut it with some milk and add a couple of scallions.

View attachment 741547

Ready for service.

View attachment 741545

Plated with the potato salad.

View attachment 741546

Easy Friday evening meal. Thanks for tagging along.
Nice work Jim, love that shop, I can't stand driving in that direction though. Way to many people on the road these days.
I rather drive out to Lockeford Sausage Co. In Lockeford CA.
It only takes about an hour each way from my house . And we stop at fruit stands and buy sweet corn by the box right off the farms they grew them on. Lockeford Sausage Co, makes some amazing sausage out there. Thier Fennel Italian sausage is some of the best I've ever had.
And their beef jerky is KILL'er as well .
If you haven't been out there you should check it out, it's a nice drive by thee CA Delta, we drive up to Tahoe, and silver lake that way, just to hit the shop along the way .
 
Nice work Jim, love that shop, I can't stand driving in that direction though. Way to many people on the road these days.

We go to Watsonville when we're at our place in Half Moon Bay. We visit family, friends, and the cemetery. Highway 1 isn't too bad if we go midweek. Since we go in the back-way, Freedom blvd. through Corralitos, we drive right by the market.

But I agree with you......no way would we drive down to Watsonville from the East Bay. If we were to, it would be through Morgan Hill, the old Watsonville highway, and Hecker Pass. We avoid highway 17 through Santa Cruz. It's a death trap.

I'll check out Lockeford.
 
Good lookin ribs . Yup , those markets are dangerous . St. Louis area is full of them .
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back
Top
Clicky