Friday Night Pork Tenderloins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steve66

Original poster
Jun 7, 2017
El Paso, Texas
First time on Pork tenderloins in the MES 30 with the mailbox mod. They look a lot pinker than the were.Cell phone pic. Got them to 145°, checked with my thermopro instant read. Mom and dad loved them. One is a basic rib rub brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.

The other is kosher salt, fresh rosemary, dried herbs (basil, thyme, oregano, parsley) pepper, and dried onions. Both rubbed and say in fridge for 3 hrs. Smoke took longer than I thought it would. About 2 hrs starting at 225° then to 250° the last 30 min. We were getting hungry! Gonna go hotter to start next time. Not sure the MES is accurate. My digital thermometer is a cheapo and is off on ice water by 7° and boiling water reads 204° Gonna have to invest in a maverick or thermopro dual prove soon.

BTW, Thanks to all of you guys for the input on the mailbox mod. It works great!!

Last edited:
Those look great to me!  
points1.png

Mike

Nice job Steve. Both those tenderloins look great.

A lot of members are smoking at higher temps--and having a great deal of success--but personally I simply prefer the low and slow technique. I smoke ALL my food at 240ish. It might take a bit longer but you just have to adjust your start time accordinly.

The extra time spent by the smoker is a great way to wind down after a hard day.

Gary

Looks great, I like the choice of rubs, I am also a fan of low and slow, adjust timing starting sooner, Love that smoke flavor. good job. Point

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky