Fresh Kills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We had a great day Saturday. I shot two does, my wife tagged one, and we had a deer given to us from a friend. The meat pole is getting heavy. These five will soon join the three others in the freezer. My new sausage stuffer will be here tomorrow too. Going to be a busy winter for the smoker.
13349.jpeg
2017deer5.jpg

Attachments

• 2017deer5.jpg
    2017deer5.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 13349.jpeg
    13349.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 19
Man nice haul! I look forward to seeing the sausage :)

Still time for more. Between my wife and myself, we still have 7 tags to fill. We're lucky to have so many deer and tags for this area. My Daughter and her family rely on venison too.

Still time for more. Between my wife and myself, we still have 7 tags to fill. We're lucky to have so many deer and tags for this area. My Daughter and her family rely on venison too.
DS, That is a lot of tags ,you folks are indeed lucky to be able to harvest that much venison. The meat is high in protein and low in cholesterol and free of growth hormones!

It's great to be able to rely on that much meat. The hunting laws differ from state to state for sure here in Maryland if you follow the rules you can harvest up to 35 deer. Of course most of them have to be does but that's a lot of meat anyway you look at it.

It's great to be able to rely on that much meat. The hunting laws differ from state to state for sure here in Maryland if you follow the rules you can harvest up to 35 deer. Of course most of them have to be does but that's a lot of meat anyway you look at it.

Yup---Same with Pennsy'.
I think nowadays in some counties you can shoot as many Does as the number of Doe Permits you purchased, but only one Buck.

When I used to hunt, it was either 1 Buck or 1 Doe, and that was it !!!

Bear

Here it's just a general hunting licenses no permits or stamps Different seasons though like bow, black powder and shot gun but still up to 35 deer.

Yup Bear when I started it was just 1 buck period and then in later years they add a 3 day doe season just one doe.

Warren

Here it's just a general hunting licenses no permits or stamps Different seasons though like bow, black powder and shot gun but still up to 35 deer.

Yup Bear when I started it was just 1 buck period and then in later years they add a 3 day doe season just one doe.

Warren

I personally think they allow too many Doe Licenses in PA, but unless it's something political, I would think the PA Game Commission would know a lot better than I do.

PA Harvests between 300,000 & 350,000 deer per year.

Bear

I personally think they allow too many Doe Licenses in PA, but unless it's something political, I would think the PA Game Commission would know a lot better than I do.

PA Harvests between 300,000 & 350,000 deer per year.

Bear

And yet the deer population is growing, here anyway. Even the game warden told me that 2 weeks ago.

Yup same here it's nothing to see herds of 50 to 60 deer here now. When I was 14 - 15 they started deer season and if you talked to someone who had even seen a deer it was awesome. 1 week buck season only back then.

Warren

Broke in the new stuffer with 20#of snack sticks.
IMAG2120.jpg

Grandma made venison meatloaf for the crew.
IMAG2087.jpg

Also put 12# of round roast in the cure for Bear carver's fabulous dried venison. Sorry , no pics.
Season's tally so far minus a bunch already enjoyed: 156# burger, 19# loin, 7# cube steak, 3# tenderloin for Christmas breakfast, plus the snack sticks and dried venison. Going to be a busy winter with the smoking. Still have lots of season to go. Good luck to everyone and please be safe.

Broke in the new stuffer with 20#of snack sticks.
View attachment 346188

Grandma made venison meatloaf for the crew.

Also put 12# of round roast in the cure for Bear carver's fabulous dried venison. Sorry , no pics.
Season's tally so far minus a bunch already enjoyed: 156# burger, 19# loin, 7# cube steak, 3# tenderloin for Christmas breakfast, plus the snack sticks and dried venison. Going to be a busy winter with the smoking. Still have lots of season to go. Good luck to everyone and please be safe.

Wow---You're stocked up !!!
But You got some help eating, I see!! Like.

BTW: Is that a Lopi "Liberty" in the background?

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky