Freezing cooked briskets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grabber

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 3, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Anyone out there do the above.  I'm thinking of cooking several smaller briskets and than freeze them to save time for future use.  Just defrost and reheat.  Any input or ideas are welcome.  Thanks.

Anyone out there do the above.  I'm thinking of cooking several smaller briskets and than freeze them to save time for future use.  Just defrost and reheat.  Any input or ideas are welcome.  Thanks.
I've done it a few times,no problems heating and eating

Richie

Every time (Usually) I'll cut off a chunk, vac seal it and hide it in the freezer for later on. What I have had the best luck at on the reheating is put my bag in boiling water for a while. When you open the bag it smells like it just came off the smoker. I do Pulled Pork the same way

Gary

From what I've  read is, like you do.  Vac seal, put in hot water and it's ready to go.  Thanks for all replies.

I used to slice it up & put some juice in with it. Vac seal it & freeze it.

Then reheat in boiling water.

But since Gary told me to leave it in a big chunk, vac & freeze, then reheat & slice.

It comes out much better.

Of course you can't do that with PP, but it sure works for brisket.

Al

From what I've  read is, like you do.  Vac seal, put in hot water and it's ready to go.  Thanks for all replies.
I do it something like that, but I've found that dropping directly into the boiling water sometimes "cooks" the exterior a bit much.

I take the unopened vac bag, place it into an empty pot, will the pot with cool tap water to just a little over the top of the vac bag(s), place the pot onto a burner set to high, then allow the water to come to a boil.  Once the boils gets hard, I shut it off, cover the pot and allow it to set for a few minutes.

Like Gary said, smells like it just left the pit and the exterior isn't too overcooked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky