Freezing cauliflower

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 3, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Was going to post this in Preserving forum but there was no "freezing" section.

Got five heads of cauliflower. Set half a head aside to eat raw and shredded the rest (after washing with salt water).

Cooked the shreds in the microwave for 5 minutes (in batches), cooled, froze, then vacpacked.

Makes for a quick side.
Can be nuked seasoned for a few more minutes before serving, or fried in a pan with some butter or olive oil.

We love cauliflower rice (they taste nothing like rice - don't know who came up with the name).

Looks good. We do cauliflower rice as well. Real rice is hard on my body. I'm a diabetic and it sure raises the blood sugar like a home sick angel.
Jason

It also makes a good filler in soups and sauces. We blend it in with a immersion blender. We also sneak it into the Mac n cheese so the kids get veggies without knowing it!!

Pureed! Pepper, 1tsp Chicken Base and more Butter than the Dr. will ever hear about and the kids were not convinced they were not eating mashed taters....JJ

Excellent tips. I love cauliflower in any form to begin with, and its a lot healthier than taters if you're watching the carbs.

Now you guys have me thinking about smoking some!

I've gotta try some of your ideas.

Tabbed in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky