freezeing question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

taterdavid

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Saxonburg, PA
I have a question for ya. Every July we have a big get together and i cook 100 pounds of the pork shoulder. The problem is, the price at that time is around $1.99 pound. I can buy it now for .89 per pound. Have you ever froze it and if so how does it hold up?

I've frozen fresh whole butts for 5 months and then smoked them with normal results. At $.89, I'd fill my whole freezer.

Hope this helps!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

I found this:

How long can I keep pork in the freezer?
Generally, fresh cuts of pork, like roasts, chops and tenderloin, can be kept well-wrapped in the freezer for up to 6 months. Well-wrapped ground pork can be kept for about 3 months in the freezer.

http://www.goodnaturepork.com/faq.html

^^^ 'Zactly! If you have a deepfreezer that'll keep them at 0*F even better. You can keep them for a couple years and you'll be fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky