Free warmer henny penny

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
Just scored a free stainless henny penny warmer. Here is couple of pics from marketplace of the same model except mine doesn't have the glass in the door.
Screenshot_20190813-200907_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190813-200849_Chrome.jpg
So it's 110v 2000W. Elements are working but the fans aren't coming on, think it's simple wiring problem, time and meter will tell. Question is if I can get the circulation fans working can u make an elec smoker out of it with elements being on top. Thinking might be better to pull controls and elements to bottom. Either way I know I'll have to add to add smoke source like anmps or such. Any thoughts?

Great score! You might be able to convert it to a smoker by moving the element to the bottom (rewire) so that the heat rises. How hot does the unit run? Sufficient to get wood smoking?

This may be a bit simplistic, but can you just turn it over ? Does it have a temperature control ? You may want to talk to someone who has done a similar build about exhaust stack placement. That looks a lot like the proofer we had at the restaurant, and if I remember correctly, the max temperature on it was below 200 degrees.

Update. Fans work with good circulation inside and elements heat fine they are mounted in top. 20190815_175250.jpg
So I ran it got to 200F on its gauge. Grabbed my threm pro and checked. The air stream down the side showed 235 and was climbing. Holding it to the aluminum tray racks was showing 185 - 190F. So very least I have a warmer and or big ass dehydrator. Now when time permits I'm thinking I may add an 220 element on the bottom protect it with some stainless. Add pid controller and exhaust stack out top of side. Then mailbox mod and now I have a food warmer, big ass dehydrator or big ass MES.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky