FREE Ribeye Steak Dinner #1 (plus other stuff)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
For those who don't know about the 10 FREE Rib Steaks I got, the story is here:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/105636/why-i-shop-at-giant

I finally thawed my first pair of those slices I had cut from that Prime Rib.

Basically I just marinated them a few hours in Ken's Teriyaki Marinade, and onto the grill.

I usually smoke my steak, and throw my smoked steak and Mrs Bear's unsmoked steak on my Weber Q.

This time I decided to break out the secret weapon that I only use when it's just a small cook for me & the Missus.

I can't even remember where & when I got this little guy, but it was many years ago!

This little grill is only big enough for a small cookout, and it is proof that even this old Bear knows that truth be told, charcoaled steaks are much better than gassed or electrically cooked steaks.

Below are the results, and below that are some other things you might find interesting.

Thanks for looking,

Bear

Seven of the 10 Free Steaks:

629eab1d_DSC02068.jpg

My secret weapon:

8b760b27_DSC02165.jpg

My chimney on the stand that prevents concrete explosions & such.

That driveway in back goes down to my Son's house, another quarter mile through the woods:

82204ddc_DSC02167.jpg

I threw a few wood pellets in for smoke, but the steak doesn't stay very long:

c64e7b15_DSC02176.jpg

Oh Yeah---Looking good!

81f7397b_DSC02182.jpg

A He-Bear's meal for sure!

739978d1_DSC02183.jpg

This closeup's for you Al:

cd8a9392_DSC02185.jpg

As long as I had the camera out, I figured I'd bore you guys a bit.

Some of my landscaping in front of house.

Roof of Son's warehouse/shop in background:

f2679aa8_DSC02169.jpg

My front yard Pet Cemetery:

603f98cd_DSC02170.jpg

Closeup---Shadow (Lab) on left-----Bozo (Kitty) on right.

05d2e076_DSC02171.jpg

Mrs Bear's wild Johnny Jump-ups collection on hill end of house:

0133f00b_DSC02172.jpg

Three Tomato plants (for my BLTs) started last week in their 7' cages:

57f5afa4_DSC02173.jpg

Unbelievable Carpenter Bee Trap.

Carpenter Bees love Log Houses!!!

Caught over 200 in these things, in each of the last 2 years.

There are 4 in this one already, and it hasn't even gotten hot out yet. I made 10 of these traps.

If enough people are interested, I'll do a thread on these things.

da766667_DSC02180.jpg

Here is a link to my "Carpenter Bee Trap" post:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/106345/carpenter-bee-traps-work-great#post_630519

That's All Folks!

Last edited:
Those Steaks are just perfect Brother Bear !!! Meal fit for a king. I have one of those little grills that I cook my steaks on for me but mine is a gasser...You also have a beautiful home place for the Bears to hibernate in...just perfect !!!

Nice lookin steaks and you can't beat the price. You've got a beautiful Place Bear, enjoyed the pics. how much land do you have? Everything is a healthy looking green. I got a little choked up at the pic of the pet cemetary. Just lost my little buddy in my avatar this March after 16 years. Been real quiet around the house, the wife and I did not know what to do with ourselves. We are finally ready to get another one but we are going to wait till we get back from vacation this 4th of July.

By the way I'd be interested in the capenter bee trap, looks interesting. Great pictures, Thanks for sharing.

Those Steaks are just perfect Brother Bear !!! Meal fit for a king. I have one of those little grills that I cook my steaks on for me but mine is a gasser...You also have a beautiful home place for the Bears to hibernate in...just perfect !!!
Thank you much Roller!

Bear

looks damn good bear!
Thanks Rob!

Bear

Very nice, glad to see the potatoes back!!
Thank You!

I can't go without those Taters very long.  
biggrin.gif

Bear

Nice lookin steaks and you can't beat the price. You've got a beautiful Place Bear, enjoyed the pics. how much land do you have? Everything is a healthy looking green. I got a little choked up at the pic of the pet cemetary. Just lost my little buddy in my avatar this March after 16 years. Been real quiet around the house, the wife and I did not know what to do with ourselves. We are finally ready to get another one but we are going to wait till we get back from vacation this 4th of July.

By the way I'd be interested in the capenter bee trap, looks interesting. Great pictures, Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Shooter!

We have about 2 acres, and our Son has about 14 acres.

This was the first week the yard looks nice. It takes about 3 or 4 mowings to get rid of the Dandelions & their ugly stems!

Sorry about your Buddy---It hurts a lot---I know!

I was totally useless when my Shadow was dying.

If a few more want to know about the Carpenter Bee Traps, I'll make a thread. If not, I'll PM it to you.

We should have a forum for people to put tips on things they do around their home, that doesn't have anything to do with smoking.

I think we could all learn a lot from our brothers from all around the World.

Bear

WOW, great looking steaks! Your house is amazing, I would love to have a place like that. Too many people where I live but I also like the beach so I would have to give that up to have a great log house. By the way how did your son end up with more property then you?

Good looking grub. I am a meat and potato's guy too.Carpenter bees are eating my deck.Just one picture of in side trap please or a thread. Is it like a wasp trap ?

WOW, great looking steaks! Your house is amazing, I would love to have a place like that. Too many people where I live but I also like the beach so I would have to give that up to have a great log house. By the way how did your son end up with more property then you?
Thanks Twig,

LOL---My Son could buy and sell me with his pocket change.

Actually he bought the whole 16 acres, with house, and put up a 6,000 sq ft pole barn for his shop.

Then I closed my cabinet shop, and Mrs Bear quit her job, and we both went to work for our son, in his Tower Corp.

Then we bought 2 acres from him (cheap--LOL). Just the subdividing cost $15,000, not counting the land.

Then we had the log house built, with my overseeing.

He's a great Son, and what I am most proud of.

Bear

Great job on the steaks Bear! The whole meal looks delicious! As I have told you before I really like your log home. It looks like you raised a fine son, taking care of the old Bear like he is!

That's real cool Bear! You raised a great kid from the sounds of it!
Thank You Sir!

Bear

Great job on the steaks Bear! The whole meal looks delicious! As I have told you before I really like your log home. It looks like you raised a fine son, taking care of the old Bear like he is!
Thanks Al,

Even after all those years I growled at him, he treats this old Bruin pretty good!

BTW: did you notice my rare beef & plenty of green beans???

Bear

Great steaks and beautiful den!

Good luck and good smoking!
Thank You Merv!

Bear

Great looking place Bear, also great story.  I would like to see the bee trap posted or just pm if you want.  I have some boards on my deck they have pretty much ruined and I need revenge.

Gary

Great looking place Bear, also great story.  I would like to see the bee trap posted or just pm if you want.  I have some boards on my deck they have pretty much ruined and I need revenge.

Gary
Thanks Gary,

I made a thread about the Carpenter Bee Traps, and put a link to it above (under the last picture).

Bear

Nice looking everything there Bear....house , flowers, steaks etc....perfect color on that meat and shrooms on top...yum. Looked a little overdone for Al though....I didn't see a blood puddle where you cut it.

Yea and he likes to fish....
Yup---He even loves fishing more than I did when I was his age (39)!

I think my Dad burned me out. I started trout fishing from sitting on his shoulders, when I was about 5 years old.

He used to pull me out of school at lunch on Fridays, so we could get to the Pocono Mts, and start trout fishing on Friday nights, instead of Saturday mornings.

Bear

great looking place bear,   i'll take one of those steaks anyday     i'm confused though   please tell me  were you not snowed in about two weeks ago?  if so   the yard sure did make a quick recovery

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky