1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

FREE BBQ cook off in Tulsa!!

Discussion in 'Events' started by wesb, Aug 20, 2011.

1. wesb

wesb Fire Starter

2. I should go visit, my folks still live there.  take a Hastybake and you'll fit right in!

3. wesb

wesb Fire Starter

i'll be taking my uds, i may even have to whip up another one between now and then to have some more cooking space. I'd be up for a team mate or two if anyone's interested. 

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Well I hope Jeff shows up!

5. wesb

wesb Fire Starter

i forgot to mention free breakfast will be provided for the cooks!

6. wesb

wesb Fire Starter

Any takers?? This would be a great opportunity for guys and gals who have thought about competing, but have hesitations. This will be a lot of fun if we can get enough folks involved.

7. wesb

wesb Fire Starter

Well competition was fierce.  I placed first in a field of two.  The other team was reheating baby backs slathered in sauce on a gas grill, and their pulled pork was made in a crock pot. It was fun, and i got lots of compliments on my q. Hopefully we'll do it again next year, and we'll have more competition. And a rule against crock pots!

8. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Well good luck with getting Jeff there.

9. Hey Wes,

I just stumbled across this thread as I did a search for Tulsa. I also just recently started smoking and joined the forum. Let me know of any local amateur comps in the future, sounds like fun!

[​IMG]

10. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

Man I missed this post and the whole deal[​IMG]