• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Forgot to bookmark a brisket rub recipe. Can you help me find it?

GreytQ

Joined Jul 31, 2019
Well, I could just kick myself! I mustered up the courage to tackle my very first beef brisket the other day. Searched the SMF and found a simple rub that worked out perfectly. I could not be any happier with the results. BUT, I forgot to bookmark the posting and now I can't find it! Augh!!

The rub contained only a few ingredients:
  • Salt
  • Black pepper
  • Granulated garlic
  • Onion powder
  • Paprika
But I don't have any notes on the proportions. Does this list of ingredients ring a bell with any of you?

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Did you use PC, laptop, phone? Can you go back in your history?

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Here's one used on chicken, but it uses only the ingredients you asked for: Post #4

Chris

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Pretty standard, I just use Salt and Pepper, about equal parts.

I would go with 50 - 50 salt and pepper and a little of each of the other ingredients.

doesn't have to be exact

Gary

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
I'm with the 50/50 salt and pepper group. Nothing else.

bregent

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 1, 2014
Does this list of ingredients ring a bell with any of you?
Folks commonly use just 50/50 salt and pepper, or SPOG which has onion and garlic.

Honestly, I used to mix my own, but you can find the 29oz jar of Montreal Steak seasoning for about $10 and it will last a long time.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 13, 2015
I stick with the Texas style for all my briskets: 50/50 Salt & cracked black pepper.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.