Forgot to bookmark a brisket rub recipe. Can you help me find it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GreytQ

Original poster
Jul 31, 2019
Killeen, Texas
Well, I could just kick myself! I mustered up the courage to tackle my very first beef brisket the other day. Searched the SMF and found a simple rub that worked out perfectly. I could not be any happier with the results. BUT, I forgot to bookmark the posting and now I can't find it! Augh!!

The rub contained only a few ingredients:
  • Salt
  • Black pepper
  • Granulated garlic
  • Onion powder
  • Paprika
But I don't have any notes on the proportions. Does this list of ingredients ring a bell with any of you?

Here's one used on chicken, but it uses only the ingredients you asked for: Post #4

Chris

Pretty standard, I just use Salt and Pepper, about equal parts.

I would go with 50 - 50 salt and pepper and a little of each of the other ingredients.

doesn't have to be exact

Gary

Does this list of ingredients ring a bell with any of you?

Folks commonly use just 50/50 salt and pepper, or SPOG which has onion and garlic.

Honestly, I used to mix my own, but you can find the 29oz jar of Montreal Steak seasoning for about $10 and it will last a long time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky