• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Foreign Objects in Charcoal!

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Just wonderin' if anyone else has found ,what appears to be insulation in their Royal Oak Lump? This is the third time I have encounterd this in the last 6 months.The first time ,I found it in my ashes and it didn't burn so that's why I say it's insulation!               

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Finding thing's in your bag of coal is not unusual, I think the best I've found so far are rocks, or at least that's what I think they were. That thing you found looks sort of fuzzy, I hope it's just insulation

Last edited:

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Ouch.... usually RO is one of the better brands for not having to much foriegn objects in it. But I agree it probably is part of the oven liner from the big ovens they use to make the charcoal in.

cliffcarter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 28, 2010
Small rocks and bits of paper bag. Others have found melted plastic and ...insulation.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hey Rap,

I don't know where you got that, but you better take it back!

Looks like some poor guy lost his toupee! 

Bear

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Maybe it's a mouse or something and they will give you a boat load of new bags for it.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.