Foreign Objects in Charcoal!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
Just wonderin' if anyone else has found ,what appears to be insulation in their Royal Oak Lump? This is the third time I have encounterd this in the last 6 months.The first time ,I found it in my ashes and it didn't burn so that's why I say it's insulation!
5be9d701_oak001.jpg

Finding thing's in your bag of coal is not unusual, I think the best I've found so far are rocks, or at least that's what I think they were. That thing you found looks sort of fuzzy, I hope it's just insulation

Last edited:
Ouch.... usually RO is one of the better brands for not having to much foriegn objects in it. But I agree it probably is part of the oven liner from the big ovens they use to make the charcoal in.

Hey Rap,

I don't know where you got that, but you better take it back!

Looks like some poor guy lost his toupee! 
eek.gif

Bear

icon_cool.gif

Maybe it's a mouse or something and they will give you a boat load of new bags for it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky