Foot Control for Grinder ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Myself... I think those that are stuffing with a grinder would benefit from it... but just to grind... I see no use for it...

When I grind I have everything set up and ready to go when the meat comes out of the freezer... Just run it all through without stopping ...

I have one for the Big Bite 22 from lem
I use it for stuffing sausage casings so it just stays on the machine
for some reason I need to stop in a hurry I can vs going for the switch
life happens wen you have a plan

Mike

I'm guessing it's a personal preference...but I only used my 1 1/2 hp grinder once then bought the foot control. When we grind 80 lbs or more of venison into burger it's not a constant supply of meat is ready. Grinder stays cleaner without my grubby hands on the power switch all the time. If it's not turning it's not creating heat.

Ryan

It'd be good if you're stuffing off the grinder, or filling sausage/meat bags straight off of it, but for just simple grinding, I've never found the need.

Reactions: buzzy
What is your opinion on the foot control ? Is it needed or not ?
I don't have one but I'm in the camp of the not really super fhelpful for grinding bout would be helpful on an electric stuffer.

I prep all my meat first then grind OR I have a 2nd pair of hands helping me cut meat and grind. My meat is chilled to about 34F degrees so we can cut it.
My particular grinder does not heat up at all during this as the cold meat keeps the parts really cold as well.

Another personal thing, if I have to get another grinder I would look hard and research to find one that doesn't heat up like so many have problems with. Mine doesn't do any such kind of heating, but it is also not a super powerful one so maybe that's the key.

Coming full circle. You have to cut the meat anyhow so if you prep and do it before or have a 2nd pair of hands to cut and feed as you go, then I don't see a super useful need.

Do what you feel will make you happy though. That is what matters :)

I have one and use it every time I'm grinding meat or stuffing sausage, I like having my hands free. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Agree with Sawhorseray. Like both hands free.
Have one for the Lem grinder. Purchased a decent one made in USA. Half price of the Lem switch at that time.

What is your opinion on the foot control ? Is it needed or not ?
If after reading through all of this you decide you'd like to have the foot pedal, just let me know. I got one with my current grinder and have never used it. I'll happily send it your way if it's something you can make use of.

Robert

I have one. Used it a few times. Thought it would be useful but IMO its not needed for grinding. I usually toss it to the side. May come in handy for other processes.

Boykjo

I'll just add a thought here . I would say that everyone that says not needed for grinding , and that includes me , has a grinder that can do the work . If the prep is done right and everything set up , I have a hard time feeding mine fast enough . Seldom need a push stick .

If you have a smaller grinder and need to start and stop , I can see using a foot switch .

I'll just add a thought here . I would say that everyone that says not needed for grinding , and that includes me , has a grinder that can do the work . If the prep is done right and everything set up , I have a hard time feeding mine fast enough . Seldom need a push stick .

If you have a smaller grinder and need to start and stop , I can see using a foot switch .
Good point......... :emoji_thumbsup:

We use the foot switch on Both the stuffer and grinder, and we still sanitize.
20221118_131947.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky