Food Tray

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
clifish clifish Damn bud . That almost brings a tear to my eye .
The mood lighting really sets them off .
yeah torrential storms just went through. Saw this thread, and the cookers were set up for family coming over tomorrow so ran out to take a pic.

Going to be interesting, we have people coming that are Kosher, Vegan, have Crones, Diabetics, Shellfish allergy (me again)...going to be fun!

A downstairs kitchen build might solve most of the problems

yeah torrential storms just went through. Saw this thread, and the cookers were set up for family coming over tomorrow so ran out to take a pic.

Going to be interesting, we have people coming that are Kosher, Vegan, have Crones, Diabetics, Shellfish allergy (me again)...going to be fun!
Sounds like you have a challenge in front of you. Good luck!

CHP, I have the same issue as you my smoker is away from the house as I was told, not allowed near windows because always open in spring, summer and fall.
So I had to build the "Smokers Shack". So I do all prep in the kitchen and carry out on Plate, tray or racks . all depends on the items being smoked.
Than what ever must be done during can be done out there , It is nice to be out of the weather while there , but sometimes is rough getting there . Couple feet of snow or torrential down pours, lol

DSC_2133 - Copy (2).JPG DSC_2154.JPG DSC_2256.JPG

David

CHP, I have the same issue as you my smoker is away from the house as I was told, not allowed near windows because always open in spring, summer and fall.
So I had to build the "Smokers Shack". So I do all prep in the kitchen and carry out on Plate, tray or racks . all depends on the items being smoked.
Than what ever must be done during can be done out there , It is nice to be out of the weather while there , but sometimes is rough getting there . Couple feet of snow or torrential down pours, lol

View attachment 672059 View attachment 672060 View attachment 672061

David
Nice setup. You have a bigger challenge than me. What works best for you to haul all your stuff out there? I find myself challenged with multiple trips and getting raw meat where I don’t want it…so more trips for clean up.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
What works best for you to haul all your stuff out there?

I mentioned in my post that it depends on what I am cooking , smoking.
Either on a plate , rack or tray. All depends on how much I am doing. All ( 99 % ) prep is done just before it goes into the smoker.
In the Smokers Shack, it gets transferred onto the racks and pans than into the smoker, I have a chopping block countertop in there to do any work that might need to be done there. Glaze, spice , flop or wrap in foil, etc.

David

A downstairs kitchen maybe even enclosed right off the deck with a fridge, sink with on demand hot water heater (think propane), maybe some cabinets of some sort for storage. You could buy stuff your going to cook downstairs and put it in the fridge/freezer downstairs and do your prep and everything else right down there then just carry up the finished product

Reactions: Colin1230
A tray you say?
We have a walk out basement with patio below an enclosed sunroom and of course the kitchen is on the main floor. There is a bar/kitchenette in the family room downstairs where I keep duplicate cooking items such as mixing bowls, spices, utensils etc. So I don't have to haul a lot up and down the stairs. But when I do, I use this.
IMG_20210307_104705.jpg

It's a Treager brand tray that I picked up at Ace Hardware for less than twenty bucks and also serves as a cutting board. It works great for what I need.

Reactions: DRKsmoking and chp
Since I got the outdoor barn kitchen set up ....... equipped with full size fridge, sink, all my smokers, etc. All smoking, sausage making and the like are done out there and most sides are done in the house kitchen so I'm mainly just taking finished meat between the house and barn these days. Meat wrapped in foil and towels, and shoved in an insulated bag until I head to the house.

A tray you say?
We have a walk out basement with patio below an enclosed sunroom and of course the kitchen is on the main floor. There is a bar/kitchenette in the family room downstairs where I keep duplicate cooking items such as mixing bowls, spices, utensils etc. So I don't have to haul a lot up and down the stairs. But when I do, I use this.
View attachment 672193

It's a Treager brand tray that I picked up at Ace Hardware for less than twenty bucks and also serves as a cutting board. It works great for what I need.
That’s a good approach. The cutting board material is smart and would be more multi function.

That’s a good approach. The cutting board material is smart and would be more multi function.
Here is an option on an Amazon search for‘cutting board tray’
65904B83-D72B-43FA-B3FC-836577675D4D.png

It is similar to the broiler pan I use now with a cutting board top. Might have to buy one. It would double the surface area and add the cutting board features. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colin1230
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky