Food Safety Section

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
As you can see we are making a new section. This section is going to work a little different it will not be open for comment but rather will have threads containing fact based and verified safety information for quick reference. If you would like to have a thread posted in this section please post it in the general section and send a PM to ModStaff with the references to verify what you have stated. If verified and deemed appropriate the moderators or administrators will move it to the proper section. Hopefully we can get a very good reference area and people can reefer to it easily

Great idea , and keeping the comments out will help make it easy to reference quickly .
"Just the facts Mam , just the facts " as they say.
Great addition to the forum , Thanks
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Great idea! I have often been concerned about some statements made that I have been unable to verify or that have been indicative of a lack of knowledge about safe handleing. I would have loved this to have been available when I to was a Noob.

How do the moderators intend to verify statements? The web is notorious for presenting conflicting information. Also, it's easy for Rusty Shackleford to post convincing looking information from his basement at 4am.

Just wondering.

I would assume only the mods and certain members would be able to add info that they would know for fact is verified.
Such as safe cooking temps on certain meats, danger zones, cross contamination info.
Sounds like a good idea to me, though I may do certain things differently (like we all do) it is good to know the safety aspect, especially for some beginners.

That is why it was requested to send me a PM containing the reference material for verification. If after being deemed reliable and worthy the thread will be moved to the proper section.

Hi ModStaff and welcome to smf. You might want to stop in at roll call and itroduce yourself. Folks around here are kinda nosey.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky