Flounder Fillets in the #360 Air Fryer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Flounder Fillets in the #360 Air Fryer

I was about due for some Fish, so I got some Flounder Fillets from Giant.
I never saw such thin sliced Flounder Fillets in my life, but I didn’t think it would be a problem.
So I got my Combination Dishwasher/Breading Machine out, to put a nice coat on these Flounder slabs.
Then I set my #360 @ 400° for 30 minutes, knowing it would take less than 30 minutes.
So I checked at 20 minutes, which was already too long, I guess because they were so thin.
I think next time I do some of these, I’ll just Pan Fry them in a little Butter, if they’re as thin as these were.
I Added some Parmesan Potato Stacks, to my plate, compliments of Good Old Mrs Bear.
Then I almost forgot to put a small pile of “Kraft Sandwich Spread” on my plate, for dipping my fish in.

Thanks for stopping by, Guys!!

Bear

Three Flounder Fillets (Very Thin) rinsed & Dried:
IMG_6119.jpeg

Breaded:
IMG_6120.jpeg

Seasoned with "Cajun" seasoning from Penzeys:
IMG_6121.jpeg

All Done!! Parmesan Potato Stacks in back:
IMG_6122.jpeg

Plated Flounder Fillets & Parmesan Potato Stacks:
IMG_6123.jpeg

And don't forget the Kraft Sandwich Spread for Tartar Sauce use:
IMG_6124.jpeg

Looks good Bear. Those Potato Stacks look real good too. Are those made in the Air Fryer as well? Stay safe.

Looks great bear!! I love Cajun seasoning on fish. Once again the Air fryer did a fantastic job. Not to mention that awesome breading machine you have kept around for so many years! Nice meal!!

That's a fine lookin' meal John, Like! I'm down with pan frying them in butter, I just got some pacific cod fillets and did them that way, melts in your mouth! RAY

I do a LOT of flounder in the airfryer.its the #1 fish I do in it.It doesn't take long in it,10 to 12mins max.

One thing I've found with thin fillets such as those is that they fair better in the airfryer when battered as opposed to dry breading.

Off the boat fresh with thin fillets like flounder is also key.Even a couple of days can make a difference and pre-frozen is just a no-go.

Love Flounder and about every other kind of fish, Looks Great

Gary

Those do look kinda thin Bear but still in all, a fine looking plate. Great color on that fish from the breading. I've looked far and wide though and just can't seem to find one of those amazing breading machines that you have :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks good Bear. Those Potato Stacks look real good too. Are those made in the Air Fryer as well? Stay safe.

Thank You Mike!!
Nope--The Potato Stacks came from the Oven.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great bear!! I love Cajun seasoning on fish. Once again the Air fryer did a fantastic job. Not to mention that awesome breading machine you have kept around for so many years! Nice meal!!

Thank You Travis!!
Yup, almost 52 years, She still does a Great Job.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: pa42phigh
That's a fine lookin' meal John, Like! I'm down with pan frying them in butter, I just got some pacific cod fillets and did them that way, melts in your mouth! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
Yup, from now on Thin ones go in the Pan with Butter, and Thick ones get Breaded & go in Air Fryer.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: pa42phigh

Thank You Ray!!
I love Fish!!---I should eat more Fish, but I gotta eat that alone!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I do a LOT of flounder in the airfryer.its the #1 fish I do in it.It doesn't take long in it,10 to 12mins max.

One thing I've found with thin fillets such as those is that they fair better in the airfryer when battered as opposed to dry breading.

Off the boat fresh with thin fillets like flounder is also key.Even a couple of days can make a difference and pre-frozen is just a no-go.

Thank You Norm!!
I don't like to do the real thick Fillets in a Pan, because it's so hard to get the inside done just right, without messing up the outside, but these skinny ones will go in the Pan with a lot of Butter.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those do look kinda thin Bear but still in all, a fine looking plate. Great color on that fish from the breading. I've looked far and wide though and just can't seem to find one of those amazing breading machines that you have :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
Those are hard to find nowadays. I got mine almost 52 years ago, and it was already 20 years old at that time.
You have to check in the Antique Sections.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Solid looking meal Bear. I need some fish every now and then just to break the pace. Flounder is nice. Like

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky