Fleischkäse/ Leberkäse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muhkuhmuh

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 26, 2017
Near Hamburg Germany
800g pork
200g crushed ice or ice Cold mineral water

spices for 1 kg

20g pickling salt
3-5g cutter process aid/sausage phosphates
3g White pepper
0,5g cardamon
2g mace/nutmeg

optional edam cheese
10g fine chopped onion

IMG_2638.JPG
IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2642.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG
IMG_2644.JPG
IMG_2656.JPG
IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2659.JPG
IMG_2670.JPG
IMG_2672.JPG
IMG_2675.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good . Been researching making this for awhile , so thanks for posting . See alot of bacon used . I've looked at all beef , all pork , pork with bacon , and beef , pork and bacon . No liver is more common than with liver . Again , nice job as always and thanks for posting .

Reactions: zwiller
That looks delish! I have a few questions:
1) In your ingredient list you have 3-5g cutter process aid. What is a cutter process aid? Is it ice chips?
2) Did you use a food processor to emulsify?
3) What did you cook the final product at, time & temp.

Thanks

I believe it's sausage phosphates . Not sure his translation came out right .

It was talked about in a different thread .

Looks good . Been researching making this for awhile , so thanks for posting . See alot of bacon used . I've looked at all beef , all pork , pork with bacon , and beef , pork and bacon . No liver is more common than with liver . Again , nice job as always and thanks for posting .

Matches my own research. I really want to try this. Yes, meat is all over the place and usually no liver. Looks like a stick blender to me for emulsifying. Excited, as this recipe is really simple compared to many. I plan to use the broiler at the end to put a real crust on the top.

I believe he forgot the onion/zwiebel but it is in his notes. I think onion is essential. Possibly a bad translator but
Ich sehe Zwiebeln in Ihren Notizen, aber nicht in Ihrem Rezept. Wieder einmal tolle Arbeit! Sieht köstlich aus!

Reactions: chopsaw
Most I see use cure 1 also . Not sure if he did or not . Kind of looks like it . I bet it's good .

Reactions: zwiller
That looks delish! I have a few questions:
1) In your ingredient list you have 3-5g cutter process aid. What is a cutter process aid? Is it ice chips?
2) Did you use a food processor to emulsify?
3) What did you cook the final product at, time & temp.

Thanks

Hallo

the Translation was bad.

1 sausage Phosphates
2 yes
3 120°C, Kerntemperatur 70°C, at the end, increase the heat

Reactions: johnnyb54
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky