FLEA INFESTATION!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We had a bad piss ant problem 3 years ago.

Yeah we had a PISS ANT problem when my 3 Daughters were younger. I would Clean one of my Handguns in front of them and talk about my Time in Prison for Aggravated Assault. Cleared That problem up Quick.😂...JJ

Yeah we had a PISS ANT problem when my 3 Daughters were younger. I would Clean one of my Handguns in front of them and talk about my Time in Prison for Aggravated Assault. Cleared That problem up Quick.😂...JJ
Lmao I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with that breed of piss ant yet. 14 and 15yr old daughters. Probably won't be much longer lol

• Haha
Reactions: chef jimmyj
Mix you up some Talstar or Bifen in a pump sprayer and hit the yard good. Also spray your house around the base and 3ft up. Will kill the fleas, ticks, roaches, spiders, and black ants and keep them away for around a year. The outside house treatment will stop anything from coming inside. We had a bad piss ant problem 3 years ago. Used that and never seen another bug. I sprayed 20 gal in the spring this year

I heard about those Piss-Ants many years ago, but I won't post it here.
It involved a Preacher and a Nun. :emoji_astonished:

Bear

yeah, that is tough. I had 2 fish tanks back then, I shut the pumps and filters off and put a big garbage back over them. Everything went fine. Would be a lot tougher now as I have 10 tanks up to 125 gallons (6' wide).
View attachment 504776View attachment 504777View attachment 504778
[/QUOTE]
Clifish... Are those parrot fish or sevrens in the second picture? I work part time in a tropical fish store, kinda a dork about them.

Then where Chef JJ lives, you have this (below).
That will take care of your yard, but that will be a couple months from now:

Will cold kill fleas?
Fleas can’t survive in freezing cold weather. It doesn’t need to be quite freezing, or 32 degrees Fahrenheit, for fleas to freeze and die. Once the temperatures fall to 37 degrees, it’s cold enough to kill mature fleas as well as eggs, larvae and pupae.

Bear
I don't know if it kills them Bear, but they seem to disappear around the end of OCT around here, and we rarely freeze for more than a handful of times later in the winter. Maybe they just go dormant.

I'll go full blow shock and aww at the first sign of flea's I hate them more than most, they love me and I have a reaction to their bites. I don't mess around with them, I start with Permethrin spraying inside and out and an IGR than Talstar if needed also with an IGR. Like I said, I hate them with a passion.

Knock on wood we haven't seen any so far this summer, normally I'm spraying by now.

I am annoyed by them Jumping on me. They always seem to land on my face, mostly at night in bed.
I am on so many Meds, I think my blood is Toxic and they know better than to bite!...JJ😆

I am annoyed by them Jumping on me. They always seem to land on my face, mostly at night in bed.
I am on so many Meds, I think my blood is Toxic and they know better than to bite!...JJ😆

Jimmy,
Here's some good Info on the subject:

Bear

yeah, that is tough. I had 2 fish tanks back then, I shut the pumps and filters off and put a big garbage back over them. Everything went fine. Would be a lot tougher now as I have 10 tanks up to 125 gallons (6' wide).
View attachment 504776View attachment 504777View attachment 504778
Clifish... Are those parrot fish or sevrens in the second picture? I work part time in a tropical fish store, kinda a dork about them.
[/QUOTE]
Those are super red Severums, I have couple breeding pairs in the tank. I don't like the parrots or any "balloon" fish, too deformed looking for me. I am more of a dork I actually belong to an Aquarium club for the last 30-40 years.

Reactions: bigfurmn
wife buys nxtgard from vet for our dogs. trick is after treatment keep pets in as much as possible, sounds mean but they are now flea poison and the one's that bite them die before laying more eggs. as some else mentioned is to vacuum 2 to 4 times a day to get the newly hatched.
infested the house 16 years ago and that is we got rid of them. still have dogs that come and go in and outside but they never miss a treatment and we have not had fleas since.

This is one instance where I am glad my yard is basically a swamp....holds water when it rains.....and fleas hate standing water. So no fleas, but the mosquitos will carry you away!!! LOL!!!
I've honestly never even noticed fleas around here. But the sand fleas in Iraq were killer. We have been mosquito heavy this summer

When I lived in Seattle, housemate had cats. When the fleas appeared we dusted the cats every few days and the cycle stopped in a couple weeks. This was back in the 80's when houses were almost wall to wall carpet. The cats rubbing on the furniture and carpeted floors helped spread the dust.
Vacuum and vacuum helped too. Nice thing about fleas and eggs is those under the furniture don't survive.
Mix you up some Talstar or Bifen in a pump sprayer and hit the yard good. Also spray your house around the base and 3ft up. Will kill the fleas, ticks, roaches, spiders, and black ants and keep them away for around a year. The outside house treatment will stop anything from coming inside. We had a bad piss ant problem 3 years ago. Used that and never seen another bug. I sprayed 20 gal in the spring this year
i've honestly never even noticed fleas around here. But the sand fleas in Iraq were killer. We have been mosquito heavy this summer
Bifenthrin is the much cheaper generic of Talstar. Extremely good pesticide for outdoor use with long residual and minor toxicity to mammals.
We're in D2 drought conditions so almost no mosquitoes this year except for the idiots that allow standing water after watering.
Iraq? THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

When I lived in Seattle, housemate had cats. When the fleas appeared we dusted the cats every few days and the cycle stopped in a couple weeks. This was back in the 80's when houses were almost wall to wall carpet. The cats rubbing on the furniture and carpeted floors helped spread the dust.
Vacuum and vacuum helped too. Nice thing about fleas and eggs is those under the furniture don't survive.
Bifenthrin is the much cheaper generic of Talstar. Extremely good pesticide for outdoor use with long residual and minor toxicity to mammals.
We're in D2 drought conditions so almost no mosquitoes this year except for the idiots that allow standing water after watering.
Iraq? THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
Thank you. And yes my property is coated in Bifen. Sprayed 20gal this spring before the Tennessee gathering. It really does a number on the bugs and also keeps them out of the house. My son's work at our local feed mill and that's where I get it because they get a good discount. Since it's a concentrate it lasts forever. I'm surrounded by woods and actually live far back in heavy woods. They hold moisture and humidity so no shortage of skeeters here

Thanks again for all your contributions. We will figure this out, baring a Full Blown Outbreak of Bubonic Plague!😂...JJ

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
I stick with Frontline on all my dogs. I’m down to just one dog now but she’s a sporting dog and by next month we’ll be in the brush a lot. Occasionally after a hunt I’ll find a couple ticks on her but whatever I don’t see will die pretty quickly. Never had a flea issue using the Frontline. Are your dog going outside and lying around on the lawn? That’s almost always where they pick up fleas so you’ll need to keep a preventative on them all year if you live in a warm area and from April until at least late October if you live somewhere that gets cold enough to send the fleas underground. Chances are unfortunately that you pro have a ton of their eggs in you house now so you’re most likely going to need to have the house treated at this point.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky