• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Flat top Hot dogs . I had to .

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
How 'bout egg and cheese on a slider roll ?
Why not Hot dogs for breakfast .
View attachment 499210
I eat Fried Bolony, Egg and Cheese for Breakfast and Bolony is just a Fat Hot Dog, Sliced. So yep, two with a side a Hash Browns with Onions, and Im good to go...JJ

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 10, 2019
Also good! At the risk of drifting the thread, one of my childhood dinners was 'poached' bologna that Mom 'invented'. Bologna and onions, salt and pepper in water for a bit. Then she'd toast flour and mix that with bisto to add to the poaching bologna to make gravy. Damn if it isn't good and I STILL make it twice a year. Over mashed potatoes of course. Bologna, hot dogs, any of those are strictly good times!

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
The Poached Bologna sounds interesting. I had to look up what BISTO is. They are various flavored Gravy Granules, for the curious.😊.
I don't know where this came from, but my Mom grew up on this Great Depression Food and served it to us kids. I now make it for my crew. Cut up and boil a bunch of White or Red potatoes, just until tender. Drain and set aside in the covered pot. In a separate Pan with a copious amount of melted Butter, fry Chopped Onions and Sliced Hot Dogs until Browned. Gently mix the Hot Dogs and Onions into the hot Potatoes and serve. I like just S & P but my Brother and my Kids, add Ketchup.
This dish is a good way to make 5 Pounds of Potatoes and a Pound of Hot Dogs, feed a big family when money is tight...JJ

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Man those dogs look awesome!! I’ve always loved kraut and mustard on dogs.
Thanks Jeff . Yup me too .
Yes sir a dog covered with kraut is my way. Kraut right out of the package no adding anything the stronger the kraut the better for me.
Thanks Warren . I eat it right out of the can . Love the caraway seeds in it .
Ah hot dogs.....Love 'em and yours look fantastic. Thanks for the peek!
Thanks for the comments .

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the likes chop and MJB05615 they are appreciated.

Warren

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
We in the upper midwest have called hot dogs as tube steak for years.
WOW tube steak, We must be from different generations or different parts of the country. :emoji_laughing:

Cornhole is another one that had a different meaning when I was growing up.

Chris
Chris, you must be mistaking the ZZ Top classic of "Tube Snake Boogie".
I still chuckle at the cornhole contests.
The Doors classic, "I'm a back door man"

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
We in the upper midwest have called hot dogs as tube steak for years.Chris, you must be mistaking the ZZ Top classic of "Tube Snake Boogie".
I still chuckle at the cornhole contests.
The Doors classic, "I'm a back door man"
The Doors??
Written by Jerry Sandusky??

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.