Flank Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 15, 2017
N.Western Pa.
I marinated a flank steak over night and since I was going to heat up and scrape out my MES I decided to let the meat pick up a little smoke before I threw it on the grill. I used pecan dust in my ANMPS and smoked close to an hour and a half and then threw it on the grill over charcoal. It turned out very well. The only thing that I would have done differently would be to leave it on the grill to darken up the outside a little more.

IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0783.JPG IMG_0787 (1).JPG IMG_0791 (1).JPG

Looks real good from my vantage point.

Point for sure.
Chris

Looks like a perfect all American meal right there.

Looks good from my point of view.
What was the marinade?
Thank you Chilie, This is what I used. my mom has used this for years. I was going to mix it up for a change and use one of yours, but was too lazy to go to the store and pick up a few of the needed items.

½ cup salad oil

¼ cup honey

¼ cup red wine vinegar

1 T garlic powder

2 tsp ginger

1 cup soy sauce
Looks real good from my vantage point.

Point for sure.
Chris
Thanks for the point Chris!
Looks like a perfect all American meal right there.
Thanks FB. normally we will have a veggie but I was too hungry to wait.
Great looking meal there Gator! Like!
Thank you Weedeater...I need to take better pics though

Weedeater

Looks pretty darn good from here Denny!
Al
Thank you Al and thanks for the point.
G240, Looks delicious!
Thanks for the point Crazymoon - it's one of my favorites. We usually do it in the broiler.

Looks good . Bet it smelled good cooking too .
Thanks for the point Chop. I think I'll be doing it this way from now on.
There you go looks awesome Denny.

Warren
Thanks for the like Warren. I'm going to try it with one of Chillies marinades next time for something different.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky