Fish Sticks, Fries & Scrapple

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Fish Sticks, Fries & Scrapple

This is going to be the second time I’ve made Fish Sticks, since flatbroke flatbroke suggested I try them again. He was right, they are a lot better than they used to be. Here’s the first one I did since then.
Link:
So I decided to give the Fish Sticks another chance at my Supper Rotation.
These were Pretty good—Much better than we used to get. Thank You FB !! I’ll be having these again!
So all I did was Set my Ninja on Air Crisp at 390° for 6 minutes.
I filled it completely with Fish Sticks & Fries.
Then Flip them & give them another 6 minutes. They were Great !!
Another Great Meal from My Ninja!!

Then the next night I made Scrapple & Home fries, so I’ll show that Below, as a bonus.

Hope you enjoy the Pics!

Bear

15 Fishsticks & a bunch of Steak Fries, in my Ninja:
IMG_8150.JPG

Bear's Supper, with Fish Sticks & Sandwich Spread for Tartar Sauce, And Fries with Mrs Bear's BBQ Sauce
IMG_8151.JPG

Next Night---Starting a Pound of Scrapple in my Ninja:
IMG_8156.JPG

Almost done:
IMG_8157.JPG

Bear's Scrapple & Home Fries Supper:
IMG_8158.JPG

Looks real tasty! My kids love fish sticks so they’ve been back in our house again after a 20 or more year hietus🤣 Man, that scrapple, I used to drown my scrapple in ketchup! It’s been so long since I’ve had it that I can only remember the salty crunch followed by the cool sweet of ketchup! Great meals!

Looks like some tasty meals bear. Been a while since I had some scrape now I'm going to have to get some,

Looks real tasty! My kids love fish sticks so they’ve been back in our house again after a 20 or more year hietus🤣 Man, that scrapple, I used to drown my scrapple in ketchup! It’s been so long since I’ve had it that I can only remember the salty crunch followed by the cool sweet of ketchup! Great meals!

Thank You Jed!!
I used to always use Ketchup on my Scrapple, but the only time I use anything on my Scrapple nowadays is if the Scrapple isn't very good. We eat Scrapple a lot more often, since we got this Ninja. It's so much easier, tastes better, and no need for Grease. Love It !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I keep lookin for scrapple with no luck . They used to sell it here .
Haven't had fish sticks in years . I think I'll pick some up this week .
I could eat either one of those plates . Both look good .

Looks like some tasty meals bear. Been a while since I had some scrape now I'm going to have to get some,
Thank You Jim!!
Like I said, we have Scrapple a lot more often, since we got the Ninja. So easy & so good!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great looking sticks. I like to get the fish filets and make sammichs with them. Air fryer does them up good.
Jim

I keep lookin for scrapple with no luck . They used to sell it here .
Haven't had fish sticks in years . I think I'll pick some up this week .
I could eat either one of those plates . Both look good .
Thank You Rich!!
Appreciate that !!
These are a couple of my favorite meals.

Bear

Has been many moons since the "fish stick" days.
The first 17 years of my life, I only had Fish Sticks in school, and I liked them.
We had a lot of real fish at home. I still love that, when I get some.

Bear

Lookin' good John, some fine vittles there! I started making my own cocktail and tartar sauce for fish a long time ago, easy and cheaper. RAY

Both meals look good, John.
I've never tried scrapple. Gonna have to give it a whirl. We just bought a new stove with a convection and air fryer oven. Now I just have to learn how to use it.
Gary
Thank You Gary!!
Get the hang of that thing & you'll be having fun & eating good. Even better than you have been.

Bear

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Great looking sticks. I like to get the fish filets and make sammichs with them. Air fryer does them up good.
Jim
Thank You Jim!!
I might have to have some Frozen Fish fillets tonight.
I have a traffic jam at my SV. I already have a Steak & some Dino Ribs @ 131°, and Bear Jr brought me 4 more sacks of Shad Roe, to go 6 hours @ 140°, as soon as I remove the Beef.
I use Frozen Fish Fillets & frozen Burgers as fall-backs when nothing else is ready to eat in the short term.

Bear

Reactions: JLeonard
Lookin' good John, some fine vittles there! I started making my own cocktail and tartar sauce for fish a long time ago, easy and cheaper. RAY
Thank You Ray!
I've been using Sandwich Spread (Kraft) since I was in first grade.
First in my Lunch Sammies, and then as Tartar Sauce.
I like it too much to bother trying to make one.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice plates of food John love fish sticks and your home fries ( you know mine need onions lol )

We eat Fish sticks and fries or triangles and wedges couple three times a month. Great for when we are running late . Just through in the oven while getting organized after work. I know we have talked about your Scrapple before . Reminds me of Klik or Kam or Bully Beef fried in CI pan . aww memories.

David

Once again this has me googling something I’ve never heard of. Scrapple must be the Dutch version of haggis or maybe it’s the other way around. Grain, pig parts, and spices.
Yup---I never had Haggis, but I can tell you there are no Sheep's lungs in US Scrapple, and most of our Scrapple has a bit of a Cornmeal flavor.
Many people use Honey or Ketchup on it, but if it's good Scrapple nothing is needed with it.
I've had it where it was way too Fatty, to the point of floating in it's own fat, in the frying pan.
The best I ever get is "Hatfield" and "Habbersett" Scrapple, and I don't put anything on them. They're both Great !!

Bear

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Nice plates of food John love fish sticks and your home fries ( you know mine need onions lol )

We eat Fish sticks and fries or triangles and wedges couple three times a month. Great for when we are running late . Just through in the oven while getting organized after work. I know we have talked about your Scrapple before . Reminds me of Klik or Kam or Bully Beef fried in CI pan . aww memories.

David
Thank You David!!
I love Fried Onions in my Home Fries, but we don't stock them at the Den.
Your "Klik or Kam" is more like Spam, but nothing at all like Scrapple.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky