• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First UDS Finished

lookwow

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 3, 2011
Well Dad and I finished are first UDS build last week. Gave it a run this weekend. Seemed to hold temps good. Just need to get used to controlling a charcole fire and I have not done that much in the past. We make some Wicked baked beans to give them a shot before we have a biig family cookout in 2 weeks. I have to say those are the best beans i have ever had and im not sure I can eat them any other way from now on.

Sorry there are not a lot of pics. Forgot the camera at home but in a few weeks ill update with a bunch of detailed pics. As for some stuff you cant see. We add some weeks to the back so it rolls around and we put a rod on the ball valve so it comes up a bunch. There is also a small basket and hooks on the back side for temp probes and other stuff.

We had a little fun with it and put an AF with my name and some flames. If you look at the right flame my dad stamped in Ugly Drum Smoker  Model # 0001. Leaving space for all the others he says :) We add a lot of extras that arr not needed but it was fun hanging out with "the old man" and he has so many ideas :)

Also the trailer in the back is going to be going on are land up north. Wahooo.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Looks like it turned out great. Congrats and have fun with it.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great job. Congrats to you & your Dad!

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Cool build...Looks like dad had some fun with it too! Now on to the next.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Cool build...Looks like dad had some fun with it too! Now on to the next.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.