First UDS build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Randizzle

Original poster
Apr 30, 2018
View attachment 362785 My uds turned out great. Love smoking on it. I put adjustable shelving brackets on the inside so I could raise and lower my grates. The only thing I don’t like about it is sometimes the pegs fall out. Was looking at notching my grates for bolts to u would lower them in and give them a quarter of a turn and they would rest on a bolt what does everyone think or what has anyone tried? Now I need to mount some wheels on it also

I couldn’t see your attachment. My son recently built a uds and it turned out great. If you PM me or him (bskelly87) maybe we can help . B

7FB47E3A-FC56-456C-B4F8-32D92C8BF807.jpeg

Nice looking drum smoker. can't wait to see it in action.

Chris

Looks nice your going to love cooking in it. I love mine.
I'm thinking about building another one just for fun and I really don't need it. Nice job

Yea I love my uds also. Just isn’t big enough tho. Right now I have started a gravity fed smoker

I was going to make my own wheels to attach but I found some today online

If u need any ideas I’m hear to help I smoked a rabbit wrapped in bacon today

Attachments

• 21D3EC6E-539E-44B7-8AFA-66571FBBB1FD.jpeg
    21D3EC6E-539E-44B7-8AFA-66571FBBB1FD.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Razyr Sharpe
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky