• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Twice-Smoked Ham

OldSmoke

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 5, 2020
Since the salmon and chicken thighs came out so well, my wife wanted to try a ham. I was able to find a nice 3lb ham at Costco. With just the two of us, and being the first try, I chose a small one.

9F873797-5E90-471B-9461-145AA76DFD0B.jpeg

I am using a sweet rub I made and a brown sugar glaze. I don't have a real recipe, I’m kind of making it up out of a bunch of recipes and YouTube videos.

Prior to adding the rub, I lightly coated one third with mustard, and the rest with olive oil. My wife does not like mustard, but I wanted to see if there will be much difference.

2FC13C71-DFEE-4ABE-A0A8-8C4D1952D61D.jpeg

So in it goes, 240 until the meat hits 140. Wish me luck!

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Those are so good .

JLeonard

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 17, 2020
OldSmoke OldSmoke One must watch the smoker temps while staying properly hydrated. I'm glad to see that the important lessons on here are sinking in. :emoji_laughing: Looking forward to the finished product.
Jim

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 12, 2019
Double smoked hams are one of my favorite things to make and eat. You’re off to quite a start there!

Khrakk

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 15, 2019
I have to admit. I'm intrigued by the adult beverage, the corn chips, and the fire.

Watching this thread. I'm anxious to hear how it comes out.

OldSmoke

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 5, 2020
Double smoked hams are one of my favorite things to make and eat. You’re off to quite a start there!
There seems to be a certain zen to smoking. And, respecting the elders.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
That ham is a thing of beauty!!

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
That came out great . I knew you would be surprised how good it was . Nice job .

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That ham looks fantastic!
Nicely done!!
Al

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.