First Twice-Smoked Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
Since the salmon and chicken thighs came out so well, my wife wanted to try a ham. I was able to find a nice 3lb ham at Costco. With just the two of us, and being the first try, I chose a small one.

9F873797-5E90-471B-9461-145AA76DFD0B.jpeg

I am using a sweet rub I made and a brown sugar glaze. I don't have a real recipe, I’m kind of making it up out of a bunch of recipes and YouTube videos.

Prior to adding the rub, I lightly coated one third with mustard, and the rest with olive oil. My wife does not like mustard, but I wanted to see if there will be much difference.

2FC13C71-DFEE-4ABE-A0A8-8C4D1952D61D.jpeg

So in it goes, 240 until the meat hits 140. Wish me luck!

OldSmoke OldSmoke One must watch the smoker temps while staying properly hydrated. I'm glad to see that the important lessons on here are sinking in. :emoji_laughing: Looking forward to the finished product.
Jim

Double smoked hams are one of my favorite things to make and eat. You’re off to quite a start there!

Holy heck. This is the best ham we have ever eaten. It is so moist.

I must have read hundreds of posts here before attempting my first three smokes. Using your advice, they have all been fantastic.

Thanks!

127986DA-1414-47B1-B4AA-8CBF6B23271D.jpeg

I have to admit. I'm intrigued by the adult beverage, the corn chips, and the fire.

Watching this thread. I'm anxious to hear how it comes out.

Double smoked hams are one of my favorite things to make and eat. You’re off to quite a start there!

There seems to be a certain zen to smoking. And, respecting the elders.

That came out great . I knew you would be surprised how good it was . Nice job .

Ham looks fantastic! Bet it tasted just as good, nice job!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky