First try with the new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefboyrlee

Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Seattle
Well yesterday was the first time using the new smoker and everything was outstanding. Thanks to everyone for all their posts of recipes and techniques, I would have never been able to do this without all that info. I cooked ribs, chicken, brisket and pork shoulders. I tried to post pics but I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing so not sure if they showed up.

Congrads on the first smoke with the new smoker. Too bad about the pics not being here, would have loved to see them.

Thanks for the help, I would have never figured it out without that link. I'll save it for future meat smoking pictures

now that is a fine looking mo-chine you get there.

I checked out their site - very nice. Can't find any prices though. I guess if you have to ask.....
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

where does one find prices for Ole Hickory Pits?

I spoke will their salesman Bill. Very helpful with ordering and shipping out to Seattle. It took a little over three weeks form the time I ordered it to having it in my garage. Once you order one they will start the fab process and get it going for you. I'm was really impressed with the quality of the unit but their shipping company sucks, there was some damage to the back which didn't affect the ability to smoke just cosmetic but they are going out of their way to make it right. Great company I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in getting one of these. All my neighbors loved the pork.
icon_smile.gif

Thought I posted to this thread earlier, good looking machine you have there. Those are built just up the road from me, is it safe to assume that it holds temps very well? Not in the market just curious.

This thing maintained the temp I set very well, even if I had to open the door it didn't seem to drop much and if it did it was back up to the set temp fast. Wish I live as close to the manufacture as you, shipping alone was about $850.00

Thats a fine unit. Put in the meat and walk away! You have got to feel like a king with that thing!
icon_smile.gif

It's a place out of MO. Cape Girardeau. It does work very wll. All you need to do is put some wood in the fire box, dump a few gallons of water in the bottom set the temp and check it about every 6 hours or so. I hooked it up to natural gas so now I don't even need to fill up the propane tanks. Its alot easier that my last one. Now with the beer dispenser in the garage, I don't spend much time in the house anymore
http://www.olehickorypits.com/Defaul...?CategoryID=76

Now that's one nice looking smoker. Would like to see more pics (different angles, door open, etc.). Thanks for posting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky