First timer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bundy

Original poster
Sep 29, 2019
Hi guys! Brand new to smoking and look forward to learning from you all! I haven't even gotten my first smoker yet, but thought I'd say "Hi." I ordered a Camp Chef ZG and now I'm just waiting to pick it up from my local Dick's.

First question, that I can't seem to find an answer to: do you have to/should you remove the pellets that are left in the auger tube after a cook? We're getting into the fall (cold and damp) season here (Northeast Ohio), and I don't want to have to take the unit apart to remove clogged up, wet pellets!

Thanks!

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. I have a Camp Chef Woodwind and I have never removed the pellets from the auger and have stored it under cover in the winter and it starts right up where it left off in the spring. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Bundy
Welcome to SMF from Minnesota. I have a Camp Chef Woodwind and I have never removed the pellets from the auger and have stored it under cover in the winter and it starts right up where it left off in the spring. Your mileage may vary.
Thanks, Kruizer!

Do you have the Camp Chef cover? No issues with leaving it out in the winter (corrosion)?

Welcome to the forum, happy to have ya join the fun.

Chris

Reactions: Bundy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky