first time smoking ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fatguy

Original poster
well guys after the great success I had with then Boston Butt, I'm trying my hand at ribs. all together I think there's about 13# or better.  The rub I'm using is Butt Rub left over from a few weeks back.  Being a chainsaw enthusiast, finding wood is not an issue. I got really lucky as my buddy (who will be enjoying these ribs) got  me a bunch of Hickory. I de-barked it, split it very small and then used my miter saw to cut it into chunks. More pics to follow....
d1182f56_DSCF0043.jpg
a3993184_DSCF0041.jpg
9675e0b3_DSCF0040.jpg

Looks like your off to a good start.

icon_cool.gif

Now I thought I was the Fat guy aroud here. Just kidding  now your ribs are looking good to. So keep up the good work and the Q-view too.

If you have the big foil pans id do all in one. If not id do individual 

looks good from here.

i am also trying ribs for the first time today... hopefully we both have an amazing lunch/dinner.
at least you have the Colts..... My Bengals are sucking right now

icon_cool.gif

Now I thought I was the Fat guy aroud here. Just kidding  now your ribs are looking good to. So keep up the good work and the Q-view too.

pretty sure I got you beat in the fat department.  here's me and the baby girl last week at home coming

12a783a8_DSCF0038.jpg

well, they were good, very good. I think I still prefer pulled pork but the ribs had plenty of flavor. I would have liked them to be a little more tender, but truth be told, it had no time to rest befoer being devoured....

2dc1bc26_DSCF0045.jpg
396971bd_DSCF0046.jpg

Nik/Fatguy once again you out did yourself, they were awesome!! I think the pork but was better, but when you have to chose one or the other life is good.

Here's a pic or Q-view of the master chef himself...
239f8ad7_Nik3.jpg

Once again thanks Nik!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky