First Time Pork SpareRibs???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

potatoc

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Durham, NC
Meijer had pork spare ribs on sale today... I am so excited, I have yet to smoke spare ribs... Planning on a Sat. or Sun. smoke, I have Jeffs naked rib rub and his BBQ sauce. But being a first timer for spare ribs, looking for reccomendations on making them awesome!!!!! Let me know what anyone has???? Time, temp, wood, recipes, etc.. etc... THANK YOU MUCH

Check out the 3-2-1 method on the links on the left side of the page. That's a great starting point.

ABSOLUTELY check out the 3-2-1 method for ribs. I have only done it twice now and both times the results were amazing.

3-2-1...the only way to fly for the best ribs you will ever sink your teeth into my friend.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Good luck with them and enjoy.

yup what ^ they all said.and remember It's the first time around-only gets better-trim to saint louis style and have some pig candy to smoke also.

I'll be smoking Sat. or Sun with the 3-2-1 method. I will post pics.. What is pig candy????

we take the trimmings, dredge in rub real good-wrap in plastic wrap- over nite in the fridge and smoke with the ribs.eat as a snack.or called tasso. different rub-used in gumbo etc.

Something to try using the 3-2-1 method.

Spray Ribs with a 50/50 mixture of Apple Juice and Jack Daniels and add rub. Then spray again with Apple Jack.

Put the meat in an aluminum pan or on the racks bone side down. Do not turn. Remove membrane if you want to.

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m using mostly Apple, Hickory, Oak, Cherry, and Pecan on occasion.

Set Temperature to 235 degrees. Pre-heat 30 min.

If you want to add a sauce do it the last 30 minutes. Watch it real close as it will burn real fast.

When you notice the meat shrinking up the bone a ½†to ¾†the ribs are done. Meat will fall off the bones.

If you want some pull to the ribs, remove them when shrinkage is ¼†to ½†up the bones.

Remove from smoker, cool, and pig out.

Smoking

What is pig candy????

The pigcandy that I make is thick sliced bacon, rubbed with brown sugar, a heavy coating, and placed in the smoker and smoked until the bacon is done. Keep an eye on it though as the sugar will burn if not careful. My wife loves pigcandy and it is very hard for me to keep any long enough to get it cooled down enough to eat. Watch eating it after cooling as it is like eating sticky taffy. I've seen denture pops happen when eating pigcandy. Hope my .02 worth helps and good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky