First time out with our new rig.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Glad you had a great outing.
Got out of the camping scene a couple yrs ago ( 27' 5th wheel ) as our camping friends have gotten permanent spots at a couple of the surrounding lakes, so no one to venture out with. Miss it at times.

Now that's a great getaway Steve !
Relax and enjoy the times !

Keith
Thanks Keith!
Awesome. We love camping.
Thanks! I should have done this long ago.
Glad you got it out to enjoy! Looks like you picked a great beautiful spot. My kind of day relaxing.
This park is very nice. Everybody was polite. And weren't loud or stupid.
Looking at your pics almost, I say ALMOST, makes me want to get back into glamping. Looks like a great spot and fun times. The first few times out is always the learning phase. Can’t tell you the number of Walmart runs was made the first trip out.
Jim
Lol! Don't I know it!

Reactions: JLeonard
Glad you had a great outing.
Got out of the camping scene a couple yrs ago ( 27' 5th wheel ) as our camping friends have gotten permanent spots at a couple of the surrounding lakes, so no one to venture out with. Miss it at times.
Thank you! I have one kid that has a pop up. And my youngest likes to tent camp. So, I'll have company from time to time. It is easy to strike up conversations with people at the campgrounds. And the look I get when I tell them when I tell them this is my first camper!

Reactions: ConrodM
Killer rig Steve, really nice! I'm trying to decide between a trailer and 5th wheel since getting rid of my cabover camper last year. Already got the 4WD diesel truck, just have to find the right deal like you did. RAY

Great post Steve. We just decided to get two of everything and fully equip our trailer. One thing I recommend is a counter top ice maker. Ours is not very large but it will make 24 pounds of ice in a day. I use a Pit Barrel Jr when camping.
Have fun travel safe.

RG

Killer rig Steve, really nice! I'm trying to decide between a trailer and 5th wheel since getting rid of my cabover camper last year. Already got the 4WD diesel truck, just have to find the right deal like you did. RAY
Thanks Ray! I did get lucky on finding this one.
Great post Steve. We just decided to get two of everything and fully equip our trailer. One thing I recommend is a counter top ice maker. Ours is not very large but it will make 24 pounds of ice in a day. I use a Pit Barrel Jr when camping.
Have fun travel safe.

RG
Thanks! I did think about getting one of those. Especially since this one doesn't have an ice maker in it. What model do you have? I bought a 17" Blackstone. I felt that the 22" that I have is just too big for just me and Ann. And I have my Smokey Joe for now. I might get a smoker later. And I haven't tried the grill that came with it.

Steve, we bought a Newair Countertop Ice Maker, Model: AI-100S. Scratch and dent for about $95. It looks like prices have increased, we bought it almost two years ago. We also got an electric cooler, it has a temp dial on it any temp between 50F and -3F, yes portable freezer. Plugs into 120v or 12V. Dont have to mess with ice, keep my brisket, ribs frozen for a few weeks when traveling to Florida. No more stuff swimming in ice water. Pretty pricey, but so convenient. Check out Iceco.
Have fun
RG

Making ice right now. My model is from Sunpentown Int'l Inc. Has been a good unit. They are kind of noisy (warning) and do have to be emptied, as it does not keep ice.

Made in China ( not pleased with)

Attachments

• IMG_20220912_182554.jpg
    IMG_20220912_182554.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 8
Igloo from walmart, 9 qubes in 7 minutes , my 27' pull behind dosent have a ice maker and the wife wants ice in everything lol $100 bucks several years ago, $10 for a plastic storage bin

Great looking RV and the scenery is beautiful Steve! I bet you had a blast!
Thanks! We did!
Steve, we bought a Newair Countertop Ice Maker, Model: AI-100S. Scratch and dent for about $95. It looks like prices have increased, we bought it almost two years ago. We also got an electric cooler, it has a temp dial on it any temp between 50F and -3F, yes portable freezer. Plugs into 120v or 12V. Dont have to mess with ice, keep my brisket, ribs frozen for a few weeks when traveling to Florida. No more stuff swimming in ice water. Pretty pricey, but so convenient. Check out Iceco.
Have fun
RG
Thanks for the info. We've looked at the portable fridge/freezers too. We might get one next year.
Making ice right now. My model is from Sunpentown Int'l Inc. Has been a good unit. They are kind of noisy (warning) and do have to be emptied, as it does not keep ice.

Made in China ( not pleased with)
Thanks for the info.
Igloo from walmart, 9 qubes in 7 minutes , my 27' pull behind dosent have a ice maker and the wife wants ice in everything lol $100 bucks several years ago, $10 for a plastic storage bin
Thanks!

Looks like a good time Steve congrats! Me and Emily are getting one in 3 years after #3 and #4 go off to college

Steve... That Smokey Joe makes the best camping smoker there is... Just search for Mini WSM's builds... there are many here... what's nice about them is you don't have to modify them so they can still be used as a grill as well.. 2 cookers in one ...

We have downsized our camper...
went from this 40'diesel pusher (leaving Nascar race at Bristol)
motorhome.JPG

To this... 33'

IMG_1575.JPG

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky