first time for short ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
okay. so those were delicious. not as juicy as brisket.. but then we only ate the rack that i trimmed the cap off, so that might have something to do with that. like burnt ends except every bite was a burnt end. and now, for the pics...

resting
View attachment 657509

unwrapped
View attachment 657510

and sliced. the eating part you'll just have to imagine.
View attachment 657511View attachment 657512

9 total hours on the pit. 50 degree temp swings each way until i got fed up and let it rock at 300*F, then it was fine - held within 5 degrees. that was for the last 2 hours or so. gotta get some gaskets for the lids - they leak like crazy.
look good and there is a small window of good when cooking em so you were pretty close. I bet they still tasted great thanks for sharing

They look fabulous, and as Jim mentioned just run with the smoker.

Point for sure
Chris

so, here's an update - the rack that i did not trim was sooooo much juicier than the one i did. not as prominent of a smoke ring, but thats to be expected.

Awesome job! They look incredible! We’re huge beef short rib fans, those would have been destroyed at my house.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky