First time fatty with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamos14

Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
Oceanside, CA
I smoked a fatty for the first time this morning.  It turned out delicious.

1 LB Jimmy Dean Original Sausage, hashbrowns, scrambled egg, cheese, and jalapeno.

979a4154_DSC01717.jpg

I think I have one question for improvement, how can you ensure ALL the bacon is crispy?  It seems about 50% of bacon were 'limp' or soggy.

f4971f8c_DSC01721.jpg

Looks real good though!  What smoker temp did you run at and for how long?  To get it crisper, crank it up at the end for 10-15 minutes.

I think I have one question for improvement, how can you ensure ALL the bacon is crispy?  It seems about 50% of bacon were 'limp' or soggy.
 Looks great Jamos and I love the ingredients you chose.

I always spray my bacon wrapped whatever with apple juice concentrate or apple juice and Dr Pepper. Just a quick spritz about once an hour.

I believe the sugars in the juice adds to forming a nice crisp crust..
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
Ant how it works for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky