First time Ciabatta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pushok2018

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2017
San Francisco East Bay area, CA
I wanted to try making Ciabatta long time ago.... Finally decided to get this done. I was checking whole bunch of different recipes but stopped on one from Arthur King.
Not too many pictures but there are some:
This is a final rise before putting in the oven:
IMG_3669.jpg

In the oven at 475F and a waters pan on a lower deck...:

IMG_3670.jpg

out of oven after 30n min. in:

IMG_3672.jpg

.... and sliced:
IMG_3673.jpg

I am sorry I don't have picks of beef tongue, homemade sundried tomatoes, provolone, mayo and onion sandwich I made for my wife and myself - I was way to hungry at that moment...
Thank you!

Nice! Gotta be proud making your own! I grew up on beef tongue sandwich with homemade bread at my Grandmas. Good memory!

Last edited:
Reactions: pushok2018
Looks Wonderful to me! Wasn't a baker at all till I found this place. But it's ok if ya want to make another sammie and take pics...sounds like a tasty one!

Ryan

Great looking ciabattas! Well done!
It' tastes great as well! :emoji_wink: Thank you for the like!
Looks Wonderful to me! Wasn't a baker at all till I found this place. But it's ok if ya want to make another sammie and take pics...sounds like a tasty one!
Ha! The same here: I started with baking in 2020, during lockdown after I read someone's post on this forum about baking bread... A lot of fun! I appreciate your like!

Man, that is some good looking bread!
Haven’t had tongue since I was a kid, and it sure sounds good right now!
Al

That looks really good! I'm not sure what exactly Ciabatta is but now I want to make some.
Yeah, if you told me a few years ago I'd be making bread just for fun I'd have laughed in your face, but I just took two sourdough loaves out of the oven....
I'll check out that site for the recipe!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: pushok2018
That looks really good! I'm not sure what exactly Ciabatta is but now I want to make some.
Yeah, if you told me a few years ago I'd be making bread just for fun I'd have laughed in your face, but I just took two sourdough loaves out of the oven....
I'll check out that site for the recipe!
Thank you, smokey! Absolutely you got to try Ciabatta bread. Personally, I can allow to myself to eat a small, tiny piece of bread a day but since I made Ciabatta yesterday I just cannot stop eating it with just something on it... I like it a lot. A lot of recipes out there - you just need to choose and try one.... Next time I make Ciabatta I'll try another recipe.... Thank you for the like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky