• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First spatchcock chicken

scott edwards

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 19, 2012
First time I have ever done one, this way, and I think it turned out pretty good. I followed the steps for Marvin Lange's Barbecued Chicken, out of the Legends of Texas Barbecue Cook Book.
I just used lemon pepper and some salt, and the I marinated it in Italian dressing, over night.  I also put on a couple sweet potatoes, so supper is ready way early, tonight.  My fire actually stayed hot, today,

guruatbol

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 8, 2013
Looks awesome.

I did my first one today too. I used Jeff's rub and smoked to IT of 165 in the breast then finished it on the gas grill. Used apple. I did let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.

I also made baked beans from scratch and home made Cole slaw.

Mel

scott edwards

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 19, 2012
I used some apple chunks, and some oak, on mine.  Yours looks pretty darn good, too.  I had to warm mine up in the oven, because it got done at around 3:30, and I didn't eat supper until later this evening.  I didn't have any beans, or coleslaw, because I've had about enough of that stuff, this month.

blackzebra

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 8, 2014
Going to try It myself with the guys at work! Looks nice! Keep up the nice work!

scott edwards

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 19, 2012
I'm using the little bit that was left to make homemade chicken and noodles.  They should be done, soon.

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Never done a spatchy til the last few weeks and now done two of em. Other than a beer can chicken I don't think I'll do em any other way.... They turn out good for sure Thumbs Up. WHB

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.